22 - A Brother's Demand

With Seraphina's frail form cradled in his arms, Asmodeus wasted no time. He spread his dark wings and took to the skies, flying swiftly back to the village and heading straight for the infirmary. The nurses and doctors were summoned immediately to attend to Seraphina's wounds, recognizing the urgency of the situation.

As they worked tirelessly to treat her injuries and restore her strength, Asmodeus watched over her with a sense of worry and longing. Seraphina's life was no longer in immediate danger, but her recovery would be a slow and delicate process.

Just as he thought Seraphina was in capable hands, a sinister presence washed over him. Ihys, his brother and the source of so much turmoil, had once again appeared, dragging Asmodeus away from the infirmary tent and into the shadows behind it.

Asmodeus's eyes narrowed with suspicion, his patience with Ihys wearing thin. "What do you want now, Ihys?" he demanded, his voice laced with irritation.

Ihys grinned, his malevolent aura palpable. "Ah, dear brother," he taunted, "you've always been so predictable. I'm here to talk about Seraphina, of course."

Asmodeus's grip tightened on the fabric of his dark robes. "What about her?"

Ihys leaned in closer, his voice a sinister whisper. "You see, Asmodeus, Seraphina has become quite the thorn in my side. She threatens to undo all my plans, to change you into something... better."

Asmodeus's eyes flashed with anger. "She has already changed me," he retorted. "And I won't let you harm her."

Ihys chuckled darkly. "Oh, I have no intention of harming her directly," he replied. "But I have a proposition for you. If you truly care for her, you'll listen."

Asmodeus's curiosity was piqued despite his distrust of his brother's motives. "What is it?"

Ihys's grin widened. "I want you to forsake Seraphina, to cast her aside and return to the darkness where you belong. In exchange, I'll ensure her safety, and she will be left alone."

Asmodeus's eyes blazed with fury at the audacity of his brother's proposal. "You would use her as a bargaining chip?" he spat. "I'll never agree to that."

Ihys's expression darkened. "Very well, dear brother. We'll see how much you're willing to sacrifice for the mortal you've grown so fond of."

With that ominous promise, Ihys retreated into the shadows, leaving Asmodeus seething with anger and determination. He would protect Seraphina at all costs, even if it meant facing his malevolent brother once again.

In this chapter, Asmodeus carries Seraphina back to the village's infirmary, where nurses and doctors tend to her injuries. However, he is once again confronted by his brother Ihys, who proposes a sinister bargain involving Seraphina's safety in exchange for Asmodeus forsaking her. Asmodeus refuses to agree to the proposal and vows to protect Seraphina from any threat.

>