37 - Unveiling Intentions

With Ihys's dark magic frozen in the air and his sinister intentions revealed, Asmodeus decided to delve deeper into his brother's mind to understand the true extent of his motives. As the Devil God, he possessed the ability to read thoughts and intentions.

Asmodeus closed his eyes, focusing his divine power on probing Ihys's thoughts. What he discovered there left him both surprised and concerned. He saw the depth of Ihys's resentment and anger, but he also glimpsed a flicker of vulnerability buried beneath the rage.

Opening his eyes, Asmodeus sighed, realizing that his brother's actions were born out of a twisted sense of jealousy and a desire to regain the power and attention he felt he had lost to Seraphina.

"Ihys," Asmodeus spoke softly, his voice filled with a mixture of understanding and pity, "You're consumed by your own darkness. But I won't let you harm Seraphina or anyone else."

Ihys, his face a mix of conflicting emotions, nodded slowly. "I never wanted things to come to this, Asmodeus," he admitted, a hint of regret in his voice.

Asmodeus, however, knew that words alone could not change the course of his brother's actions. He turned away from Ihys, making his way back toward the village. It was time to fetch Seraphina and ensure her safety.

In this chapter, Asmodeus uses his powers to read Ihys's mind and uncovers the dark and violent intentions that have been driving his brother's actions. Asmodeus consoles Ihys with a few words but remains determined to protect Seraphina from any harm. He leaves Ihys behind and heads back to the village to find Seraphina and ensure her safety.

>