C64

After learning about Bai Mei’s secret, everyone discussed and finally decided that all of them would return to WuYi Base first.

To avoid beating the grass and startling the snake, Bai Mei couldn’t leave WuYi Base at present, and in order to more conveniently study Bai Mei’s medicine and Sislow’s sound wave, Wei Hanming and the others also had to go to WuYi Base temporarily. The restorative potion had to be returned to Bai Mei before the man in black arrived. Otherwise, it would be impossible to explain why Bai Mei had been able to stay in the human base unharmed after losing his disguise.

By the time they’d come to a unified decision, it was already late. Everyone returned to their rooms and tried to get a few hours of sleep before daybreak. As for whether or not they could fall asleep, that was another matter.

In their rooms, everyone was slowly digesting everything that had happened tonight. The secret Bai Mei had brought out was truly too impactful and shocking. The man in black, being a zombie king, the restorative agent, about the ability cores… everything indicated that this apocalypse might not be just some simple natural disaster.

What kind of role that man in black played still had to be investigated further.

***

Inside the master bedroom of the villa.

The little hamster had changed back to his teenage appearance under the blankets. His body curled up naked in Nie Xiao’s arms while his finger was drawing circles on Nie Xiao’s chest. His voice and tone were downcast and distressed. Bai Mei’s bitter experience really made him sad.

“Daddy, Baby really hopes Baimeimei can get better soon! I like him very much; he is a good man. Baby hates the world right now.”

Nie Xiao hugged Xiao WuYi, grabbed the other party’s finger that was indiscriminately poking his chest with one hand, and lowered his head to kiss the youth’s temple. “It will get better. We’ll all work hard together and surely get past this apocalypse. Bai Mei will also be cured.”

“Un!” Xiao WuYi nodded heavily. Then, with his nose raised and his voice deep and angry, he said, “Baby will soon remember who he is. Daddy, I think I’m about to regain my memories. And I feel that as long as I remember, I will evolve into an invincible little hamster warrior!

“Baby is very amazing!!!”

Nie Xiao somewhat didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when he heard this, loving the adorable appearance of the little guy so much. “Is that right? Then Daddy will wait and see!”

Xiao WuYi nodded confidently, then said proudly, “This little hamster’s intuition is super accurate.”

Nie Xiao smiled and nodded. His fingers gently traced Xiao WuYi’s eyebrows. “Is Baby still getting sleepy? Baby’s eyes are a little red, and you seem to be sleeping more recently.”

“Sleepy!” Xiao WuYi nodded as his mouth opened, and he yawned, his eyes glistening with a layer of water. “I’m very, very sleepy, but I just feel sad and I can’t sleep when I think of Baimeimei! It’s true that I’ve been sleeping a lot more recently, but don’t worry about it, Daddy. Baby doesn’t feel any discomfort. I should be the same as General, recovering my memory by sleeping and dreaming!”

Nie Xiao nodded in relief after hearing this. He looked at the sleepy state of the youth, then lowered his head and kissed the other’s lips until Xiao WuYi felt giddy.

“Then go to sleep. Daddy will kiss you so you won’t be upset anymore. I wish Baby a good dream.”

“Un.” Xiao WuYi was immediately satisfied. He closed his eyes obediently and entered the land of dreams within two minutes. His last babble before going to sleep was whispering for the apocalypse to pass quickly.