C69

The car stopped in front of the city gate of the base. There was someone on the city wall who was especially in charge of guarding it. Seeing the trucks, he opened the city gate to let the vehicles in.

Wu Wenyu’s defensive shield seemed to have become more flexible and adjustable. The defensive shield at the city gate would automatically change with the opening and closing of the city gate, and it would no longer be impassable as before.

Seeing the change of the defensive shield made Xie Jun all the more eager to see Wu Wenyu. People like Luo Yunhai and Wu Qingfeng, who were from the Capital Base, were extremely envious of the defensive shield. Such an ability was simply an invincible weapon against zombie birds and insects. Living in this kind of base gave a great sense of security from the body to the heart. In this regard, their bases couldn’t compare at all.

Entering through the wall, the hustle-and-bustle of people coming and going inside the base suddenly reached their ears. Wei Hanming, Bai Yue, and the others were instantly red-eyed. After all, all they saw along the way was absolute devastation and desolation. Later, the Haicheng base was built, but the number of people was very small and so few. At this time, they saw such an enormous scale—a place full of vitality that made them tremble with indescribable excitement.

The staff at the city gate quickly ran over and guided Nie Xiao’s group’s vehicles into the open space set up on both sides of the city gate. The other survivors in the base saw the return of the mission vehicles and all of them surrounded enthusiastically. From some distance away, Nie Xiao’s group could hear people shouting, “Welcome home!”

At that moment, there seemed to be a warm current pouring into everyone’s hearts.

The city-gate staff came up with a smile, looking and saying patiently and carefully, “Welcome home! Which mission teams do you belong to? Come here to register for an inspection. Later, you will need to be isolated and observed for a few hours to see if there is an infection.”

Hearing this, Bai Mei immediately hid behind Luo Yunhai and the others and slightly pulled down the hood of his black robe, trying to conceal the peculiarity of his body as much as possible.

Nie Xiao and Xiao WuYi didn’t expect that there’d be a newly added isolation procedure, which they hadn’t had before they’d left. But before they could utter their inquiries, they saw a man in the quarantine area next to them. The man appeared to be in good condition, but he suddenly turned into a zombie and was judged on the spot. Everyone went silent for a while.

Now, there were more and more zombies outside. The bite wounds weren’t eye-catching, and the time required for the mutation was also prolonged. Similar incidents had erupted in the base before, so this quarantine and observation procedure for entering the base was abruptly added. Although the judging was very cruel, it was necessary.

Duan Wenyu was about to step forward to negotiate when Li Qi rushed one step forward, seemingly familiar with the staff member.

“Brother Chen, we’re all okay. Registration is not needed. We’re all ability users, so we don’t need to be checked or isolated!!!”

Li Qi stopped the staff called Brother Chen with joy and excitement on his face, urging him, “Brother Chen, you came to the base at a later time, and you don’t know these people! In short, you should hurry and make an internal call to tell the people at the center of the base that Boss Nie and the others have returned from Haicheng!”

“Holy fuck!!!!!?”

Although they didn’t know their faces, these staff members were still well acquainted with Nie Xiao and his group’s famous names. Their eyes glowed as they gazed at Nie Xiao’s group’s captivating faces, which could summon the wrath of both people and gods. They then rushed with elation and admiration into the shed and made an internal call.