C85

For the very first time, Nie Xiao discovered how his mouth opening and bringing light with it felt; speak of the devil and the devil arrives. They were just rejoicing that Xiao WuYi was not here and in return, the other party smeared their faces with hamster cake in person.

What was the need for such a coincidence!!!

However, a certain plush little hamster who wasn’t aware of the situation simply held Nie Xiao’s high bridge while calling ‘chichi’. Happily rubbing and rolling around his daddy’s face and spreading his fluffy fur so much that Nie Xiao couldn’t even open his eyes.

“Chi!” Daddy, did you miss me ya!

Miss, I naturally missed you, but…

Nie Xiao sat up from the bed, picked up the little hamster’s nape to tear it off his face, and gently shook it in the air. His eyes were full of distress and weariness as he said, “My cub, how come you’re back so coincidentally?!”

The innocent little hamster was confused: “Chi?”

What’s wrong la ya?

The little hamster, who was restrained by the nape, didn’t understand what was going on. He curiously lowered his head, only to see Nie Xiao’s phone, which was hit moments ago and now lay on the quilt, displaying endless messages.

The garbled characters that abruptly came out made Bai Mei and company somewhat curious and worried. If not for hearing no big movements, Duan Wenyu and Ning Feng in the next room would’ve straightforwardly run over and knocked on the door.

Nie Xiao didn’t care about the phone first. He stared at the little hamster, a.k.a. “the devil”, in the palm of his hand, and sighed in resignation. He’d returned and was here already, what else could he do?

Several vigorous pets and a few fierce sniffs laterThere’s two keywords here, rua and 吸(xi). These have been mentioned in the first few chapters. Rua means petting the pet, and xi (lit. sniffing, sucking as in smoking) means fangirling or being ‘addicted’ to the pet., Nie Xiao’s feelings of longing were finally alleviated. He laid down again and brought the little dumpling to his forehead where it sat down. “I’ll tell you the specifics later, you little villain!”

“Chi!” Baby is not a villain!

The little hamster lay on Nie Xiao’s forehead and grumbled ‘chichi’ in a whisper while his little paws angrily pulled at the eyebrows. Soon after, he saw Nie Xiao grab the phone on the quilt before his fingers rapidly sent a message in the chatbox.

Nie Xiao: In short, this “surprise” cannot be borne by me alone.

—Nie Xiao: I’m fine. My cub is back.

—Ning Feng and others: Nani!!!!

As soon as this message was released, everyone’s eyes uncontrollably widened. Ning Feng in the neighboring room was directly hit on the face by his phone, almost causing tears of pain to burst out.

Everyone was disheveled in the wind with a WTF.

The little hamster watched the conversation on the screen, then turned to look at Nie Xiao’s blinking eyelashes. He was very dissatisfied with his Daddy and everyone’s response to welcoming him.

He lay on Nie Xiao’s forehead, sad and aggrieved.

“Wuchi!” All of you don’t love me anymore QAQ.

***

At this very moment, outside the base.

Saath was leisurely strolling on the borders of the city walls of the base. The zombies in the periphery were driven out by his power of coercion, and the streets were silent.