C86

Having felt Saath’s departure, Nie Xiao inwardly breathed a sigh of relief, and his muscles relaxed. Unless absolutely necessary, none of them wanted to start a war in the base.

There were many ordinary people in the base, so there were bound to be countless deaths and injuries if a fight truly happened. Currently, humanity could no longer withstand more casualties.

Saath walked away from the villa, heading to the research institute of the base to explore.

When Bai Mei sensed his whereabouts, he broke into a cold sweat. He was extremely grateful that Bai Yue and the others’ research materials had been hidden during the day. Otherwise, his personal participation in the research would definitely be revealed to Saath’s eyes.

—Bai Mei: He’s far.

Bai Mei notified everyone and they started to message in the group chat again.

When Saath entered their room earlier, not only did Nie Xiao feel it, others also felt it somewhat. Fortunately, everyone pretended to be asleep quite well and didn’t let Saath notice the slightest clue. Even Possier, Sislow, and company disguised themselves as ordinary earthlings.

—Ning Feng: Appearing so suddenly and unpredictably! Almost like a ghost! Damn, scared this grandpa to death!

But after this round of coming then going, it should be unlikely for Saath to return once again and catch them off guard. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief and continued to discuss tomorrow’s action plan.

The little hamster that had come out of his space continued to lie on Nie Xiao’s forehead, watching the messages everyone sent. He couldn’t help but ‘chi’ to Nie Xiao, “Daddy, when Baby hid in the storage earlier, Saath seemed like he couldn’t sense me at all oh!”

“Although this may be the case, we still have to be extremely careful!” Nie Xiao turned to his side, and the little dumpling followed and slipped from his forehead onto the pillow.

In the dimly lit room, Nie Xiao seriously looked at the fluffy little dumpling in front of him, raised his hand to touch its round, soft, plump little body, and said, “Daddy doesn’t want any possibility of danger coming to you. What if you weren’t able to hide in time just now? Although you still have the space shuttle ability, what if he already has a method to deal with you?

“He came to Earth to find you, so he must have already investigated you thoroughly. Baby, why don’t you go back to your planet first?” After contemplating, Nie Xiao suggested this very seriously.

The little hamster resolutely shook his head, and simply changed back to the appearance of a teenager. He got into Nie Xiao’s quilt and said, “No, I will stay with all of you! He’s here right now because of me. I can’t let you guys face him alone.”

Seeing the youth’s stubborn attitude, Nie Xiao sighed and finally compromised. “Then tomorrow, when we act, you’ll maintain your little hamster form and obediently stay in Daddy’s pocket. Immediately hide in your little storage if there’s danger, understand?”

“I know, Daddy don’t worry!”

***

As everyone in the group discussed good countermeasures, night quickly passed.

The sun gradually rose, and the base began to bustle with activity again. However, apart from Nie Xiao’s group, no one was aware that a terrible crisis was brewing under this tranquil surface.

Nie Xiao and the others woke up early and gathered in the living room downstairs of the villa for their meal as usual. Everyone looked solemn as if cherishing this last moment of peace.