C88.1

Under the pouring rain, in the disordered Sancheng.

Nie Xiao’s crew has more or less suffered some injuries, but fortunately, Jiang Qiu and Duan Wenyu’s abilities achieved breakthroughs just now. Their strength has skyrocketed, and they have ample combat effectiveness. Xiao Yan’s strength has risen rapidly as well, and her ability has reached the borders of breaking through.

In such a situation, Saath would not lose, but he wouldn’t get much of an upper hand either. Meanwhile, he was infuriated by what was happening all over the world. All human beings were tenaciously resisting, like undying bed bugs, brimming with hope and enthusiasm to fight, disgustingly brave and staunch.

Saath hated this unyielding and extremely united race that was unlike the Qitu race of back then. He couldn’t help but become jealous, so he madly shouted, “Why! Why are you all still holding on!!!”

Nie Xiao, Jiang Qiu, and the others glowered at Saath coldly. They wiped the rain and blood on their cheeks before raising their hands containing abilities and weapons, and charging straight forward. “Because you really deserve to die!!!”

At this time, the little hamster had already quietly returned, but did not go back to Nie Xiao’s pocket. Instead, he stealthily approached the place where Bai Mei was sealed and confined. His small body did not attract anyone’s attention.

The huge, heavy metal box gave off wisps of cold air. Bai Mei lay silently inside in the hard ice, his eyes tightly closed while blood occasionally oozed from the corner of his mouth. A side of his stained-crimson lips formed ice crystals. As he listened to the fierce sounds of his comrades fighting outside, he never once gave up wrestling in the intense battle for sovereignty of consciousness going on in his mind.

Distinctly sensing a living creature approaching, he tried his best to resist and repress all commands to kill in his mind, so as not to let the ability cores in his body go out of control.

The little hamster managed to approach Bai Mei safely and smoothly. He gently affixed his little paws to the cold metal box, conveying his vitality and time power which would protect Bai Mei’s sobriety and accelerate his strength’s improvement.

As a warm current poured into his body, Bai Mei seemed to hear a soft and lovely voice saying to him, “Brother Xiao Bai, you can do it, persist oh!”

Amid the darkness and ice, a tear trickled out of Bai Mei’s shut eyes.

After completing all his tasks, the little hamster was practically exhausted. Finally, he drew a small circle in the air and quietly returned to Nie Xiao’s pocket. The abundant sense of security instantly made him relax into a ball of soft glutinous rice. Plastered against Nie Xiao’s chest while listening to the drumming heartbeat, he closed his eyes and rested with peace of mind.

—Daddy! Baby is back la!!!

Nie Xiao, who suddenly felt that his pocket was stuffed with a ball of warmth and softness, immediately felt relieved. He looked at Saath with a chilly gaze as he grasped the warhammer战锤: Idk if I was wrong last time with the tomahawk, bc I’m guessing that author wanted to reference Thor with Nie Xiao’s lightning ability and all. I’ll check when it appears later. Here’s some pics: in his hand.

The whole world was unanimously united as they fought more and got stronger. At this point, Saath was no longer progressing. Although Nie Xiao and the others couldn’t kill him, they could fully hold the fort until the arrival of the Alliance’s reinforcements.

Saath’s eyes were bloodshot due to the pressure; while swallowing and absorbing the crystal nuclei to recover his strength, he was releasing abilities to fight back.