My Boys - Chapter 14

Sam's pov~

I woke up to Shayla's alarm going off. I turned it off because I was closer to her phone and nuzzeled my head into her neck slowly falling back asleep.

I was awoken to her trying to get out of my arms so instictively I tightened my grip.

"Sam." She sighed.

"Mm." I hummed.

"I have to get ready." She mumbled turning to face me.

"Just a few more minutes." I pleaded.

"But-"

"Shhh." I cut her off and pulled her as close as physically possible.

"Fine only cause you are warm" She added and I turned over, letting go of her.

"Wait come back I was joking." I heard her say and then she wrapped her arms around me.

"Sam!" Shay whinned and I gave in turning back over and cuddling her again.

I breathed in her vanilla scent and fell asleep.

"Sam brother its-" Someone said but cut themselves off.

I looked up to see Colby eaning on the doorframe.

"Too cute but isn't she supposed to be in school." He reminded.

"Shit!" I muttered, sitting up.

"Shay." I called while shaking her a little.

"Hm." She replied without moving.

"Uh we slept in." I admitted and she jumped out of bed, grabbing her phone and checking the time.

"Sam its already eight!" She shouted and rushed to get ready.

"Im sorry I-"

"Its okay Sam." She assured cutting me off.

She quickly grabbed some clothes and shoved her school laptop in her bag.

"Relax, you are already late you might aswell take your time." Colby reasoned.

"No my mom is gonna kill me!" She retorted pushing past him and to the bathroom I assume.

I got up and finished packing her bag, trying to help as much as I can.

"Thank you Sam." She said as I handed her the backpack.

"Feed virgo for me and can someone drive me to school please." She asked.

"Yeah yeah sure!" I answered, quickly throwing on some shoes and grabbing Jakes keys.

"Im sorry about that." I admitted again, once we were in the car, hoping she would be upset.

"Sam its okay." Shay assured me, doing the exact opposite of what I was hoping.

I sighed "You know you don't always have to pretend like everything is fine. Im here for you and so are Jake and Colby. Its okay to be upset or sad." I explained.

"I know." She replied with a smile.

We pulled up to the school and we quickly said our goodbyes.

I connected my phone and played some music so I could stop thinking.

Sweater weather started playing and I sang along as I drove home.

Once I was inside Jake was still asleep on the couch and Colby had also gone back to sleep. I decided to hangout in Shays room till they woke up. I made her bed because she neve leaves without doing so unless she is in a rush. I watched a few youtube videos on my phone and eventually fell asleep with virgo curled up by me.