My boys - chapter 26

Reggie's pov~
We finished the movie and it wasn't that good. I might have to read the book and see if it's better.

We were walking out the theater and noticed it started drizzling.

"Do you think we can make it back in time or should I call Susannah?" I asked and she smirked.

"Don't be a wimp maybe if you didn't let snails beat you we'd make it!" She shouted and jumped on her board as I scrambled to follow.

We were a few minutes from the house and it started to downpour.

One of my neighbors was playing music so loud we could hear it. Suddenly Shay stopped skating and started dancing so of course I joined her when I caught up.

The song was tongue tied by group love. When the song ended we picked up our boards and ran back to the house. We got inside kicked off her shoes and grabbed pool towels so we could stop dripping.

"Could I shower and steal some clothes please?" She asked.

"Of course let me grab you some." I replied.

I grabbed her a t-shirt, basketball shorts, a washcloth and a bath towel. I sat on the floor of my room so I wouldn't soak my bed and waited for her return.

Only 10 minutes later she walked back into my room and my heart dropped.

She had a purple mark on her face.

I ran up to her and grabbed her jaw, tilting it to the side to get a better view.

She jerked away.

"Shay what happened?!"

"It's nothing!" She retorted flopping on my bed.

"I'm not gonna push it but just know you can talk to me okay?" I added.

"Thanks rege." (Pronounced redge) she said with a small smile.

"Do you want to tell Jake?" I questioned.

"I do but I don't want him to worry. He wants me to tell him everything. We don't keep secrets." She replied.

"Well aren't you supposed to FaceTime him Friday?" I reminded.

"Forget that I have to go to school tomorrow!" She jumped up at the realization.

"Hey hey hey you'll be fine just put on what you had earlier. No one will notice." I comforted.

"Okay yeah I'll be fine. You ready for your first day?" She asked.

"Now you are making me nervous." I say with a chuckle.

"It was just a question! You'll be a-ok." She giggled.

I'm happy she's so comfortable around me. It's like we are siblings that are best friends.

"The rain is letting up. When it stops I'll head home."

"Okay what do you wanna do for now?" I asked.

"Can we just ask each other questions?"

"Sure you go first."

"When's the last time you laughed so hard you almost cried?" She questioned.

"Hm probably when we had the all nighter." I answered truthfully.

"Yeah I love times like those. Especially hanging out at the field." She added.

"Do you like both Sam and Colby?" She blushed and I chuckled.

"Yes I kind of feel like a slut for that though."

"It's okay to like two people at once as long as you can get over one of them." I explained.

"Yeah." She agreed and was lost in thought for a while. I just let her think .

A/n I've been posting every other day as I said I would. Once Reggie get settled expect the story to move faster until their summer break. Love yall stay safe.