My boys - chapter 28

Shay's pov~

I closed the door without turning my back to her.

Whatever she's got planned is not gonna be good.

I leaned my board against the wall and slipped my low top vans off without taking my eyes off of her.

"Hey good to see you it's been a week." She said sarcastically.

"Yeah I've been very productive." I replied blandly, showing no sign of fear.

"Let me see your grades." She smirked thinking she did something.

"Of course mother." I responded with a smile.

I have all 100s accept for a 98 in English. She's gonna say something about it but hey it's straight a's.

I pulled out my laptop and plopped on the couch adjacent to her. I handed it over to her and her smirk faded.

"Good see if I didn't push you your grades wouldn't look this way."

I wanted to punch her. Taking all the credit when academically validation is all I have.

"Yes because without you my grade's wouldn't be as good and my mental heath would be awesome." I blurted not caring about the consequences.

In this moment there is nothing she can do to me that will hurt me.

"Watch it with that mental heath bullshit." She growled.

"Is that all? Because this isn't very productive and I have other priorities." I barked knowing she would let me go.

"Well I'm glad you finally got your priorities straight after me telling you that all of your high school years." She replied and handed me my laptop.

I grabbed my shoes and listened very attentively as I turned my back to walk to my room. I can't trust her.

Once I was in my room I muttered "control" to myself. That word is my little reminder that no matter what, everyone wants control. My mom wants control over me. School wants control over its students. Law enforcement want control of their people. And I just want control over myself. Including my temper.

I put my book where it belongs, grabbed my iPod and earbuds, turning on my dear parents playlist and got to work. It's exam season and I have 4 exams next week that I need to practice for. English, algebra 2, physics and AP world.

After 4 hours of studying it is now 10pm. I decided to ask if Reggie wanted to watch movies with me at the field tomorrow. I ate dinner. Aka spaghettios. When I returned to my room I saw Virgo curled up on my bed and decided I would join her after I checked my phone.

I am so excited! I put the phone away and laid in bed with Virgo and thought of all the movies we could watch tomorrow

I am so excited! I put the phone away and laid in bed with Virgo and thought of all the movies we could watch tomorrow. Maybe I can take Virgo with me? She does have a leash but I never took her outside. I decided that is a concern for the morning and I should go to sleep.

I set up my pillows the same way I have all week, as if they were Sam and Colby, and cuddled up with Virgo in between me and pillow Colby.