My boys - Chapter 15

Shays pov-
We finished our blizzards and we were on our way to get a "surprise" according to Jake. Then we were going to get snacks and games. We pulled up to Jake's old house aka where his mom lives and he told us he would be right back. He could be surprising us with anything to be honest. He is jake so let's be real.
"What do you think he is up to?" I asked, looking to the boys on my left and right.
Jake insisted that we keep the front seat empty for the "Surprise" and i have no clue what that is supposed to mean.
"I mean its Jake we are talking about it could be anything." Sam admitted.
Jake left the house and walked towards the car with a boy who seemed to be my age. He had bleached white hair mixed with his black hair. He didn't look like Jake and I wonder why he is here.
Jake opened the passenger door for him and then ran over to the drives seat.
"Alright surprise this is Reggie, my parents took him in so he is also your step brother." He informed me and I immediately got shy.
"Nice to meet you, I'm shay!" I introduced myself kinda quietly.
"Nice to meet you too! Hey Sam and Colby!" He replied in the same tone.
They both greeted him and started some small talk. I don't know why i was so quiet but
"Don't start acting all shy now." Jake insisted.
"Okay dad." I retorted with a smile.
"Shut up." He replied as we drove to the store.
We continued some small talk and we got to know Reggie better then we arrived at the store.
"Last one in the store has to pay!" I shouted and booked it to the entrance of the Walmart.
We all ran and got inside me arriving first, then Reggie, Sam was next, Jake was behind him and Colby came last.
"HA loser!" Reggie shouted and Colby side eyed him, failing not to smile.
"Anywayyyy let's split up!" I suggested.
"I'll go with Colby and Jake." Sam stated.
"I guess it's you and me! We got the snacks!" I shouted to the boys as we walked in opposite directions.
I pulled Reggie by his shirt sleeve while we headed towards the snacks until we spotted the bikes. We both looked at each other in agreement and ran towards the bikes. I grabbed a yellow beach bike with a cute basket and hopped on. Reggie got on the metal rack on the back of it. We did one lap around the aisle and when we returned to the bike rack be saw the boys riding bikes too.
"Hey you copied us!" Reggie shouted at Sam and Colby.
Sam had his face buried in Colbys back, holding on to Colby by his waist. They looked cute so I told Reggie to take a picture because I don't have my phone.
"No flash photography in the zoo!" Jake demanded in a baby voice while riding up to us on a tricycle.
"You guys can't ride around in the store." The worker told us.
"Oh sorry." I apologized immediately and we all got off of the bikes and put them away.
"Alright let's grab our stuff before we get kicked out!" Sam suggested with a giggle.
"Okay, meet up in about 20 minutes by the checkout." Jake instructed.
Reggie and I speed walked away because we didn't want to get kicked out. We arrived in the snack aisle and there were so many choices.
"We shouldn't get a lot because I feel bad for colby." I confessed to Reggie.
"Ooo someone has a crush!" He squealed in a girly voice.
"Shut up!" I muttered, grabbing some extra cheddar goldfish and putting it in the basket.
"Whoa what~! I was joking but you actually have a crush on him don't you?" He concluded and questioned me.
"Maybe but you can't say anything to anyone okay?!" I blurted getting flustered.
"Okay I won't but who knows?" He asked and grabbed a case of energy drinks.
"Jake and my cat." I responded nonchalantly, grabbing a bag of mixed candy.
"You have a cat!" He questioned walking further into the aisle and I nodded my head in response.
"I love cats!" He added and grabbed some cookies.
We made small talk, getting to know each other, till we filled two baskets of snacks.
"I think we went against our word but oh well." He stated with a shrug.
"You think!? We filled two baskets with snacks and drinks!" I exclaimed as we walked up to the register where the boys stood.
"Holy fuck Im gonna go bankrupt!" Colby shouted.
I couldn't help but giggle and Reggie elbowed me with a smirk. Colby smiled at the gesture causing me to blush. I wonder if he knows. If he knew he would have said something by now right? Im still 17 though so maybe not. He would have told Sam immediately though because thats what bestfriends do right? Sam would probably distance himself from colby if he feels bad for me. I might ruin their friendship.
"Shay!" Sam shouted, waving his hand in front of my face.
We were already in the car and close to my house. Ugh they probably are gonna ask what I was thinking about.
"What were you thinking about?" Colby asked with a smirk.
I bet he thinks I was thinking about him and I was.
"I was just thinking about how much fun we are about to have!" I lied on the spot.
The only thing toxic parents teach you is how to lie on the spot and hide your feelings.
"I know right! We got so many good games!" Jake added ecstatically.

Introducing Reggie because I keep forgetting about him and Shayla needs a friend fr. i will start uploading twice on sundays next week. Shool was kicking my butt last week love yall stay safe keep me in check please just hmu

 Shool was kicking my butt last week love yall stay safe keep me in check please just hmu