My boys - chapter 31

Jake's pov~

"What do you mean they are kicking you out this summer?" I questioned louder than I intended. From the other side of the phone all I could hear was muffled whimpers.

"Shay talk to me okay? About anything. Like when you move in with us. What's the first thing you are gonna do?" I comforted knowing she always wants a distraction when she is upset. She took a few moments to respond.

"I wanna jump in the pool. Can we have a pool party?" She whispered.

"Yes of course and if you'd like we could get tender greens with every one." I added and walked downstairs so I didn't disturb anyone.

"Are you gonna wear your clothes or a swimsuit? I asked hoping for a chuckle and I received a small one.

"Maybe I'll jump in with my clothes and then change into my swimsuit." She replied. I hopped up on the kitchen counter.

"How are you feeling now?" I questioned wearily.

"Better. Thank you Jake." She answered softly.

"Of course Shay any and every time I will be here for you." I responded.

"What am I gonna do Jake?" She whispered.

"WE are gonna figure this out in the morning. You aren't alone Shay. We are gonna figure this out. Things are about to get a lot better." I started.

"You promise?" She interrupted.

"Yes but I need you to get some rest so you can think tomorrow." I explained grabbing a bottle of water.

"Okay." She said and I head shuffling.

"Where are you?"

"In the road...I'm heading inside now."

"Why were you in the road?" I questioned.

"I don't know I didn't know what to do. I made a promise." She attempted to explain.

"And you didn't break that promise right?" I asked really hoping she didn't.

"No I didn't. I called you right away. I wanted to." She muttered.

"Well you didn't and I'm so glad you called me. Call me tomorrow whenever you'd like and we will figure this out I promise. I love you Shay. You're my lil sis i don't know what I'd do without you. Good night."

"I love you too Jake. Good night." She replied and hung up the phone.

How could they kick her out?! She's only 17! Once she graduates she'll be with me in our house. So at least I'm sure of that.

A/n
Schools getting hard. I haven't had the motivation to do anything but play guitar all week but I'm back baby! Chapters every other day :D love yall stay safe! Thanks for voting it keeps me motivated.