My boys - chapter 33

Shay's pov~
This week flew by it felt like it was only two days long.

Jake comes next week to sign off on our apartment and then we move in the week after that. Then we will go back to la for the summer which is so exciting!

It's currently Friday May 17th. Reggie and I are at the skate park just enjoying ourselves. There are quite a few people here today.

"Brother there are mad people here." Reggie stated the obvious while kicking up his board to stand next to me.

"Yeah I'm just going to drop in one more time then we can leave." I explained and lined up on the edge.

I haven't told Reggie about me getting kicked out yet. I just want to enjoy our last two weeks of school worry free.

"I'm dropping in!" I shouted as a warning for others.

I successfully dropped in and did a few tricks. I fell off my board on the last one barely roiling my ankle. I climbed out the "bowl" with a helpful hand from some fellow skaters.

"Yeah I'm definitely done for today." I say as I sat on my board flexing my ankle back and forth.

"Yeah is it bad?" He questioned genuinely concerned.

"Not bad enough to stop skating. I'm not racing you home though." I replied standing up and grabbing my board.

"Okay we should watch the stars tonight on the trampoline!" He suggested with a smile as we pushed ourselves to his house.

"For sure we could watch movies and dance!" I added with a bright smile. I'm so glad he's my brother. Even though he's made some friends he says they don't click the way we do. We are siblings and they are only friends. I'm sure that will all change this summer.

"Hi Susan!" I shouted walking up to her and hugging her from behind.

"Hey mom." Reggie said with a smile.

"Hello Shay! I'm making spaghetti for dinner if you would like to stay." She explained.

"Yes of course I don't know the last time I had a proper dinner." I blurted not catching myself.

"What do you mean by that?" Reggie asked.

"Oh um I mean spaghetti I haven't had- aw forget it. My parents are kicking me out and my mom doesn't cook for me anymore. Just her and my father. But Jake is getting us an apartment so I can graduate here." I explained giving up on finding an excuse.

A/n I missed a day again :(