My boys - chapter 29

Shay's pov~
Virgo woke me up at 8 today because she was hungry. I fed her and realized I didn't shower last night.

I grabbed my towel, a black T-shirt a size too big for me and some black sweats.

Reggie said to meet at a local diner for breakfast at 9. I told him to dress cozy and bring his laptop.

If we were gonna watch movies all day we would need both laptops for when one dies. I stuffed a blanket into a backpack along with my house key, phone, 20 bucks and pepper spray. You can never be too safe.

I laced up my high top vans, threw on an xplr hoodie, grabbed my board and left.

I'm glad I can come and go without my parents caring. They used to but they got tired of yelling at me for leaving during the day.

On my way to the diner I got a text from Sam and I stopped to respond.

We ate at the diner which was very different from waffle house. We raced to the field and obviously I won.

"So what are we watching first? I downloaded Finding Nemo and finding dory, sandlot, wall-e, home, mean girls and hairspray." I listed and got comfortable on the blanket using my backpack as a pillow. Reggie did the same.

"Oooo let's do wall-e first!" He suggested.

We ate most of the snacks he brought in his backpack and made a little small talk while watching the movie.

"I am definitely the cleaner robot brother he is so stinking cute!" I ranted.

"Hold on did you just say stinking and no you'd be one of the broken robots." He explained.

I smacked his chest in response.

"Absolutely not asshat!"

We ate all of our snacks by the third movie. Next up was sandlot.

Time skip~

"Reggie wake up! We fell asleep it is already 7!" I whisper shout shaking him. The sun was starting to set and the view was beautiful. I quickly took a picture and rushed to clean up.

As Reggie came to his senses he asked "what time is it?"

"7:04!" I shouted and he helped pack up.

We quickly skated the mile to my house taking us around 30 minutes. When we were down the block I put my phone back on do not disturb and put it in the book.

"Bye Shay let me know if anything happens. Love you sis." He said hugging me.

"Love you too bruv see ya!" I responded and walked inside.

To my surprise my mom wasn't on the couch. Her car was in the driveway so I assume I'm not free of her wrath.

And of course, just as I said, she walked out of her room.

"So who were you out with all day? Are you cheating on your boyfriends you want to move in with?" She spat bitterly.

"I have no boyfriend and don't worry about where I was." I replied and i knew it sounded too harsh.

A/n omg 2k reads!? Thank you everyone who reads, votes, and adds this story to reading lists! It means a lot. How are we liking the story? (Comment and give me feedback or d as simply share your reactions with others.) love you stay safe!