Halloween Pt 1

Erik

Halloween

"It's so beautiful," Jezebel purred when I stepped out of the shower.

I snorted. "You would say that."

"I think I followed the stencil very well," she huffed.

"Your lining is a little shaky in some areas."

"True, but no one else will see it but me, so it doesn't matter."

Jezebel couldn't wait to brand me and claim me as hers, and because of that, I no longer had pubic hair. Her name was tattooed across my lower pelvis in her cutesy handwriting. I smirked, remembering how pissed off she was when I turned the "L" into a little devil tail. I was giving her a hard time, but she did all right for a first-timer. Did she have a shining tattoo career ahead of her? Fuck no. She should stick to being a lawyer since she loves to talk back so damn much.

Truthfully, I needed to give more serious thought to our future. Jezebel planned on applying to colleges next month for early admissions, and naturally, I'd follow her wherever she went. I could even become a lawyer. The thought of getting paid top dollar to argue with my woman in public was enticing. I could picture us going toe-to-toe with each other in court, only to return home, argue some more, and fuck each other stupid.

That's not a bad idea.

Becoming a lawyer was an option; however, that was Jezebel's dream, not mine. I'd much rather stick to tattooing. Of course, my father would love for me to follow in his footsteps; however, my goals were more...family-oriented than his. The disappointment I felt when he was released from prison was jarring. He took years away from me to willingly go to prison. His reasoning? Business and connections.

I call bullshit. But I hope that whatever, or whoever it was, was worth losing my respect.

The best thing that asshole did for me was give me access to my trust fund on my 18th birthday. The same trust fund that now had Jezebel listed as the beneficiary in case something happened to me. It was inevitable. I'd either end up in jail or in the ground. Jezebel Shae King was my woman and my responsibility. I couldn't tell her I loved her; this was the next best thing.

"Are you ready for tonight?" I asked, drying my hair.

"I'm terrified."

"Why?"

"Because if everything goes according to plan, I'll be an accomplice to a double homicide."

I raised a brow.

She's so weird. I thought she'd be more concerned about the beating she has to take.

"That's nothing you haven't done before. You were there when my mother killed Charles, and you helped ruin Ashlynn so bad that she offed herself. May she rest in Hell. This should be a fucking cakewalk, Jezebel. Plus, you and I aren't doing the heavy lifting. The tricky part is convincing the Harrison fucks to leave with me. Hopefully, by the time I arrive, they're too inebriated to listen to reason, and their main focus would be getting their hands on you."

"Lovely," she drawled. "I hate that we have to leave our cell phones behind. What if something happens?"

"Then something happens. We don't have a fucking alibi, so we have to leave our phones behind. That triangulation bullshit is real. Plus, what detective in their right mind would believe that two 18-year-olds left their phones at home? We're supposed to be glued to our phones 24/7."

"We could at least have burner phones."

I shook my head and started to dress. "Too much of a liability. It'll be just our luck you'd drop yours at the crime scene."