Jezebel's Business

Erik

I woke up and felt immediate coldness. For a moment, I was confused as to why a hand wasn't wrapped around my morning wood until I realized Jezebel was missing.

"Squeak?"

I sat up in bed and checked my phone. My lip curled when I found a text message from Elliot with a photo attached of him and Jezebel at breakfast with the caption "Perfect Couple." From the harsh scowl on Jezebel's face, I'd say she wasn't A) in the mood, B) caught off guard, or C) both.

I was about to respond when I received another photo of Elliot and Izabel sitting poolside. They were sipping tea with their pinkies up.

Elliot's enjoying this shit just a little too much. I guess my warning went in one ear and out the other.

"The motherfucker just wants to die," I growled, flinging the sheet off me. An incoming call from Frankie stopped me in my tracks. "What's up, buddy?"

"Bonjour."

I smiled softly. I meant it when I said I loved Franklin like a brother. He was so endearing, like a child. How could you not?

"I'm in Germany, Frankie, not France."

"Oh, yeah. Um...I don't know German."

"It's fine. How have you been, Frankie?"

"Um...I'm okay."

He's lying. Any time Franklin says 'um,' he's about to tell a little white lie.

"You're not, but I think I know what the problem is."

"You do?"

"Of course I do. We haven't had any bro time since I was released. I've been spending so much time with Jezebel and Izabel that I haven't made time for you."

The line went silent for several seconds.

"You...you have been busy," he mumbled.

"I have, but there's no excuse. How about we have a bros' night when I return?" Frankie gasped, and I nearly laughed.

"Do you mean it?"

"We can do anything you want."

"We can pick up whores and do blow?"

I BEG YOUR PARDON. Maybe Jezebel is right. Frankie is amply paid. The last thing I want is for him to OD in a whore house.

"Let's not. I'm a married man."

"You're not married," he countered.

"In spirit. That'll change soon enough. We can go to a basketball game. I'll get us floor seats." I rolled my eyes and sighed when Frankie started crying. I'd relieved myself, brushed my teeth, and showered, and he was still crying as I dressed. "Franklin, that's enough. I need my right hand, man."

Frankie sniffed several times between hiccups and finally got himself together.

I hate to say it, but I think Frankie helped me prepare for parenthood. You have to be patient with him like a child.

"I need a status report."

Another hiccup. "R-right...Adrian is on the move. He caught a flight to Berlin."

"Excellent. Please continue."

"I have nothing else to say."

"What about the rentals?"

"What about them?"

"I need a status report."

"But...but that's Jezebel's business. I only speak business with Jezebel."