Chapel

Erik

I saw red when I witnessed my brother shove my woman against the brick wall. With as much force as he used, I was shocked she didn't go through it.

"What is Erik doing here?" he yelled in her dazed and confused face. She'd hit her head against the wall, and I wouldn't be surprised if she suffered a concussion. She probably couldn't answer his question if she tried.

"Take your hands off her, or you'll find yourself in the hospital morgue. Trust me...It's a short trip," I warned. His punk ass released her instantly, and she slid to the ground.

"Jezebel, I'm—"

I chuckled when Jezebel batted his hand away when he attempted to help her.

"Is everything okay out here?" a nurse asked, sticking her head out the side entrance door.

"She fell and hit her head. Isn't that right, Adrian?" I asked.

"Y-yeah. She might need to be checked out," he agreed, pulling Jezebel to her feet.

"C'mon, dear. You look a little unsteady on your feet. Let's get you checked out," the nurse said. I glared at Adrian as they performed the handoff. Jezebel winced and held the back of her head as the nurse held her upright. I didn't speak until they'd disappeared.

"Do you make it a habit of putting your hands on the mother of my child?" I challenged.

"Have you and Jezebel been in contact with each other since you were released?"

"No," I lied.

"I don't believe you," he spat.

"Why not?" I asked, lighting a cigarette.

"How would you know to come here if you didn't speak to her?"

"That's easy. I received a frantic call from my mother informing me that Jezebel called and told her that Izabel was hospitalized. Like any decent father, I dropped what I was doing and came to see my baby girl."

Adrian's shoulders visibly sagged with relief.

What an idiot, I thought, trying to hide my smirk. I just finished bending his "fiancée" over my kitchen island and would've gone for another round if he hadn't interrupted. It was good that he did, but I had plans to send Jezebel home with a nasty limp and dripping with my cum.

I was so anxious to get to Izabel that I was willing to sacrifice the last four years of Jezebel's life and arrive at the hospital together. Jezebel smartly suggested the alternative.

No doubt she'll be a fantastic lawyer.

"Let's go have a quick chat."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," Adrian spat.

"Humor me. I promise you'll return to your little family in one piece."

***

We entered the hospital chapel, and I was relieved it was unoccupied. I sat on one end of the front pew, and Adrian sat far away at the other end for a quick getaway, no doubt.

"Was that the first time you put your hands on Jezebel?"

"Yes."

"It better be the last time. Izabel can't see—"

"I want you to stay the fuck away from my family!" Adrian snarled, cutting me off.

"Language like that in the House of the Lord? Brother, you should be ashamed of yourself."