Tracking

Erik 

I grinned from above Adrian as I gave him the ass-kicking he deserved. My fists pummeled him harder and harder as I was reminded of his betrayal. I also knew he was a snake, so no matter how hard he tried, we weren't buddy-buddy like he hoped we would be. He smiled in my face, and the whole time, he was plotting with our father and planned on replacing me.

One more punch and I can cave this fucker's head in.

I drew my fist back when Jezebel shouted for me to stop. My fist paused midair, and insecurity began to trickle in. I hated being insecure for more reasons than one. I saw it as a weakness and felt like a failure when I doubted myself, but that was what Jezebel Shae Holmes did to me. She was the source of it, and I was still feeling the side effects of the disease years later.

I looked up at her with her pleading doe eyes, and although I knew she was asking me to stop for more practical reasons, I couldn't help but wonder if she wanted me to stop hurting the man she loved.

"What's the matter, Jezebel?" I asked, squinting at her. "You can stab my father, but I can't kill my backstabbing brother? You wouldn't be protecting him because you have feelings for him, would you?"

Her look soured. Her hand rested on her hip, her soft lips slipped into a scowl, and I knew she was about to curse me out.

Bring it on, Squeak...

"If you wanted to get kicked in the face like your father, then that's all you had to say," she threatened. I eased off of Adrian because my dick was getting hard, and there was no way I'd straddle my brother with a hard dick. I edged closer to her until our noses nearly touched.

"Be truthful, Jezebel. He has a soft spot in your heart. You hate him, but four years...you can't tell me it was all pretend. At some point, the lines blurred. When did that happen, huh?" I asked, backing her up to the refrigerator. "Was it when he was there when our baby took her first step? Was it when you celebrated her 2nd birthday at the petting zoo? Was it when you held hands as a family while you strolled through the Christmas festival with your hot chocolates that were heavy on the whipped cream just how you liked it? Was it when he held you tightly and comforted you when Izabel started her first day of Pre-K? Or was it the very first time he came in you and called you his?"

I didn't get the reaction I was looking for. I expected her chest to heave up and down and for her to expel out of her nose like a fire-breathing dragon, but her face remained coldly neutral.

"And so what if I did? What the hell are you going to do? Jack shit—that's what. You'd still be running around here calling me Jezebel Shae King."

"Fuck that," I growled.

"Say my name, King."

"Jezebel Shae Holmes."

She smirked. "Say my name, King," she repeated, sliding her hand underneath my shirt. Her fingers traced the deepened ridges of my abdominals as Jacob and Adrian laid out cold on the kitchen floor.

"In front of your doting fiancé?"

"Erik, I will make this as plain as day for you, and you better pray to whatever god you believe in that this is the last time we have this conversation." I winced when her nails began to dig into my flesh.

I shouldn't have expected anything less from Jezebel Sadist Holmes.

"I did not spend years of my life doing your bidding for you to come out and be an insecure pussy. I want a man, not a boy. So, if you can't be the man I need, then leave me alone. I'll survive without you. I'll split our assets—you go your way, and I'll go my way because I refuse to allow you to put your insecurities on me. So...say my name."