Chapter 2

Regulus's life has taken many turns in recent years, most of it spent recovering from the effects of his undertaking in late 1979.

It took months for the effects to finally wear off and he could get back to a "normal" life. His leg was badly damaged by the Inferi and now he needed pain potions after a long day of standing or walking, but this is an improvement compared to when he woke up after nearly two months of a coma where he could barely move. the leg without excruciating pain.

Kreacher had defied his orders, ignoring Regulus's wishes to save his life. Black was happy for the disobedience, he didn't want to die, and he still doesn't. But life didn't get any easier just because he was given a second chance.

In addition to recovering in a safe house away from his mother, and the entire wizarding world, Regulus spent his time — from the moment he could get out of bed — learning more about Horcrux and trying to figure out if the Dark Lord could have done so. more than one.

As much as the mere thought that there is more than one is frightening and unimaginable in an ideal world, he's been in the same room as the Dark Lord enough times not to doubt just how far the man would go in pursuit of power, and how deep he had sunk himself into black magic.

So he spent his time trying to find out more about the mystery man.

As your father always said: "The more you know your enemy, the more advantage you will have over him"

Thinking of his family was also something that occupied his mind in recent months. He thought of his shattered relationship with his older brother, and how much he wished he could be with Sirius once more, as brothers, not enemies.

He thought about how his parents had destroyed his life, with all the unrealistic and cruel expectations placed on two children. They have complete disregard for the welfare and wishes of their children. How easy it was for him to simply disown the firstborn just for thoughts contrary to theirs, just like it was with Andromeda, burned, excluded, and killed for everyone else just for choosing a man different from her parents' will.

Ted Tonks is a Muggle-born, the greatest dishonor that could befall the Black name according to Walburga. But he was a man, just like Regulus, Sirius and Orion. The difference lay in their origin, in their parents' blood.

That's not enough to disown someone, not enough reason to kill someone.

Regulus thought about it a lot. He also studied more about Muggles, their habits, and how they related to each other and the world around them. live in a small muggle village in a distant corner of Ireland helped him with that.

He spent several days wandering around, seeing the people. In a park, he stayed for some time watching happy families, children, and their parents picnicking and playing. Those were the moments when he thought about his family the most and when he regretted the parents he had the most.

Updated from the war through the newspapers Monster brought him. Things hadn't gotten any better since his "death"

His death is a tricky topic too, some people knew he was alive, but unfortunately, Dumbledore is one of them.

Regulus avoided his former Headmaster as much as he avoided his former Death Eater acquaintances and his former Lord. Dumbledore was a tough job, even more so after Regulus commented to the man about the prophecy of the —Chosen One— that Severus had relayed to Voldemort a few days before Regulus left for the cave.

There is enormous unhappiness in knowing that Dumbledore is one of the few people who can stand against Voldemort, if not the only one.

So after a long time, he returned to the director's attempts to contact him. And now the two are together in an attempt to find another Horcrux. The bad thing, aside from having to spend so much time with the older Gryffindor, is that even Dumbledore doesn't know how to destroy Horcruxes. Neither does he.

The end of last year had been complete shit, with the deaths of the Potters, and the downfall but not final defeat of Voldemort. His brother was still arrested for a crime Regulus is sure the man didn't commit, but no one was quite as willing to listen to the younger Black. Even Dumbledore — to the rage and certainty that he was right not to trust the man completely — did not believe that Sirius was innocent, as his brother was the keeper of the Potters' secret, and because he killed Peter Pettigrew.

In addition, his former friend Barty was arrested for having tortured, alongside his cruel cousin Bellatrix, her husband and brother-in-law, the Longbottom couple with cruciatus until they both went mad.

Your choice of friendship is a giant mistake. When he was revealed to be alive and was cleared thanks to Dumbledore, his friends abandoned him.

And he got a job, much to his mother's horror if she were still alive, at Hogwarts as a potions teacher. Because Slughorn was retiring, Reggie and Dumbledore could work together. It was an idea that Regulus didn't like, but he accepted it anyway.