Chapter 9

Harry Potter

Delighted, was a good term for how Harry had been feeling since arriving at the castle/school, terrified, a little confused, and completely fascinated with what was in front of him, with what he was living.

Sometimes he still found himself thinking about how everything felt like a dream and he was afraid of just waking up. Opening your eyes and being back in that tiny room that was your bedroom for so many years, under the stairs, and being woken up by Dudley or Uncle Vernon or Aunt Petunia outside, just waiting to yell at him or hit him, telling him to do everything inside the house.

Then he sees his friends, and he tries to hold on to that moment, even if it was a dream. Just to last longer.

It took a few weeks for him to feel comfortable in this new world, but his friendship with Ron Weasley helped a lot. The wizard-born boy became his first and best friend in a matter of hours.

After Potions class on the Friday of his first week, he went with Ron to Hagrid's hut, and that's when the weird things started.

If he was honest with himself, the strangest thing"aside from the whole newly discovered magical world" was the sudden headache, or right in his scar that radiated all over his head as if someone had slammed him against the wall and then left it very hard. close to the fire, the heat and pressure hitting him like a bolt of lightning, just like the scar itself, but that only happened on his first day at Hogwarts, as he asked Percy Weasley about the professor wearing only black, at the center table beside him. by Professor Quirrell.

Anyway, that was almost a week ago when he entered the half-giant's old hut. They had tea and talked a little about their classes, about Madam Nor-r-ra and how she was almost always chasing someone, always Hagrid when he visited the castle, and how Mr. Filch seemed to hate children, while the trio was having tea, that's when Filch noticed a newspaper on Hagrid's messy desk.

The Gringotts case

The bank where Harry went with Hagrid, where his family's fortune was kept, and which is supposed to be the safest place in the Wizarding Kingdom, after Hogwarts - of course - has been broken into, and someone has tried to rob one of the vaults in the same day Harry was there, just a few hours later.

Hagrid's reaction when Harry pointed this out was very odd, as much as when the half-giant was talking about Voldemort and the war, all the things that had been hidden from Harry all his life. The adult evaded the conversation without any subtlety.

But at the end of the night it didn't matter, it's none of Harry's business really what goes on in the wizarding world, as much as there are people who think otherwise. So he decided to focus on something useful, which is learning and surviving in this world.

In his second week of school he had the scariest certainty of his short life: there is, in the world, someone who can be more detestable than Dudley and his name is Draco Malfoy. Lucky for him he only had to share Potions classes with the irritating blonde, and as the classes were very interesting despite being difficult, that all fell apart on Thursday morning when he and Ron were ready to go to bed. breakfast they noticed a new notice on the message board. And now he has flying lessons from Slytherin and consequently from Draco. Because playing the clown trying to fly for the first time needed a bonus.

All thoughts of being humiliated for not being able to fly were forgotten when ten minutes into class Neville Longbottom was injured and Professor Hooch had to take the clumsy boy to the nurse's office. Harry worried about his housemate, but when Draco found the Remembrall the boy had received from his grandmother that morning and started making cruel remarks, the concern was overshadowed by anger, and in a rush to defend the brunet, Harry ended up in the sky above the courtyard chasing Malfoy on his first flight. The adrenaline of the moment and his focus on just getting the blonde to stop his bullying overshadowed any fears and concerns Harry might have had about flying.