Capítulo 28

Christmas was approaching with the cold, and with the Weasleys staying at Hogwarts for the vacation while their parents went to visit their older brother, the trio realized that it would be the perfect time to interrogate Malfoy. Taking advantage of the fact that he and his watchdogs were also staying at the school at this time of year, the school would be substantially emptied with so many other students going home for the holidays.

Hermione spent her free time getting the ingredients - stealing - and studying how to make the potion perfectly. Meanwhile, Ron and Harry were researching magical creatures to try and find out what they were. They were failing in this mission.

They moved their meeting place from the Gryffindor common room to a girls' bathroom that nobody used. At first, the boys didn't understand why that perfectly normal bathroom wasn't being used, and then in the middle of the conversation they heard whimpering, and from one of the closed booths the ghost of a fourteen-year-old girl emerged. That was Myrtle's bathroom.This made them question continuing with the plan, being in the same space as the teenage ghost is tiring at the best of times. Hearing her cry so much made them uncomfortable, but it was the least used place in the school since the other students also avoided Myrtle.

But even with all that, the plan worked. For the most part, at least, Hermione only failed to get Pansy's hair and mistook it for her cat's fur. Now, while Harry and Ron are in front of Draco, she's locked in the bathroom waiting for the effect to wear off.

Not that they were really happy to look at Malfoy's face. Ron was holding back from attacking the blond, while the snobbish Slytherins were bad-mouthing his father.

"What's with the Crabbe face?" Draco asked, surprised by the grimace on the taller boy's face.

"Stomachache," Ron grunted.

"Then go to the infirmary," the blond said, "kick that muggle-born for all I care." He laughed at his comment.

Draco went back to reading the Daily Prophet, where there was an article about the problems Arthur Weasley was having with the Ministry thanks to the flying car and the theft Harry and Ron had made.

The boys had only heard about what was happening to the Weasleys from the newspapers; none of Molly's letters to Ron had mentioned the subject again. They didn't know if the twins and Percy knew more than the two of them because they were older.

"I'm amazed that the Prophet doesn't know anything yet, the attack hasn't been reported until now," Draco said thoughtfully, "I assume that Dumbledore is trying to cover it up. He should have been sacked by now. My father says that Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to Hogwarts. He loves muggles. A decent principal would never have let scum like Creevey in."

Draco began to imitate the action of taking pictures on an imaginary camera, doing a cruel imitation of Colin.

Harry bit his tongue to stop himself from giving in, but at the moment he wanted to punch the other boy.Potter knew that people could be cruel from an early age, see Duda, but that didn't stop him from being outraged and disgusted.

"What's with you two?" Draco asked, lowering his hands and looking at Crabbe and Goyle.

The two Gryffindors forced a laugh, but Malfoy seemed satisfied. Harry and Ron felt a little panicky for taking so long to react, but from Draco's attitude, perhaps Crabbe and Goyle were a little slow to understand things.

Draco continued his monologue, the boy seemed to like the sound of his voice, he was talking badly about Harry and Hermione, and the boys were concentrating on completing their mission and not just punching the idiot for calling their friend a mudblood.