Chapter 8

The bad sign arrived much earlier than Regulus expected to be honest. Of course, he expected some chaos connected with Potter, some stupidity coming from his former friends was never above believability - after all no one who follows the Dark Lord after ten years of silence is smart, or sane mentally - anyway he had expected a lot, but a robbery at Gringotts, after all, was a little off the charts for him.

You see, if he were the Dark Lord who shattered his soul into at least five pieces, and who was presumed dead " probably because he was still too weak to return " he should at least be more discreet when plotting his return to the world. wizard. But then again, Voldemort was always too egomaniac to know the real meaning of being discreet, after all.

So breaking into Gringotts, the biggest and most important wizarding bank in all of Europe, and trying to rob the Goblins, well that's not a good thing, but it's also a very big alarm for anyone who knows what was in the vault being broken into, which thanks to Dumbledore was emptied earlier that day.

Almost as if the old warden knew what was going to happen, or had been tipped off by someone. Regulus doesn't know which of these two is the case, but the invasion is going to be in the news for a long time, so if anything else weird happens, they need to be very vigilant.

If, somehow, the Dark Lord broke into or had that vault broken into, it's obvious to Regulus that he's after the Philosopher's Stone, which by the way shouldn't even be in Dumbledore's hands, but he's not complaining about that now. But the stone was in the school now, and it wasn't that he questioned Hogwarts' defenses and security, he just learned not to trust so blindly in anything else.

At least Hagrid won't say anything about Dumbledore's task of emptying the vault, and in the end, trouble at the Ministry would come after Dumbledore and not Regulus.

"Mister Black." Regulus looked up from the small vial of potion he was examining, the homework done by his fourth year just ten minutes earlier, to see Professor Hooch standing in his doorway.

"Madam Hooch, how may I help you?" " he says getting up, only then to notice his nephew next to the teacher, looking too arrogant for his taste " Mr. Malfoy?

" There was a problem in my class " she began, already putting herself in front of his desk " an accident with a student, Mr. Longbottom, he is fine, fortunately. However, as I was taking him to the hospital, Mr. Malfoy here" – she gestured to the blond boy – "noticed that Mr. Longbottom had dropped a personal object, instead of taking it to the boy, he decided to play with the boy. object, disobeying my order that no one should fly without me present, and even throwing the object away to destroy it.

Regulus counted to ten in his mind before saying something. He was disappointed, to be sure, but"unfortunately" he wasn't surprised by it.

"Do you have any justification for your actions, Mr. Malfoy?" he asked his nephew, already not liking the answer when the boy puffed his chest out like his father does when he wants to look more important than he is.

"I was just kidding," he said.

"He also got into an on-air confrontation with Harry Potter," Madam Hooch said before the boy tried to make a fool of himself.

"Longbottom wouldn't wear it anyway, what about Potter?" - Draco said aggravated - he chased after me.

"Would he have done that if you just, hadn't touched something that didn't belong to you?" - Regulus countered.

He knows the boy's temperament, and he knows he was never taught to respect others outside his circle. And Longbottom may even be a Pureblood, and one of the Holy Twenty-Eight - for what it's worth -, but he's always been despised by others, especially after taking sides in the war, with Frank Longbottom being a recognized Auror powerful.

"I thought it would be fun."

- And it was? Regulus asked.

Draco had some sense to just shut his mouth and stop digging his own grave.

"Well, I appreciate you letting me know Hooch, I'm sure you already have a good punishment for your detention time." Regulus turned to speak to the teacher, ignoring Draco's startled look.

Why, it is clear that Little did not imagine that he could be punished for his actions. Consequence wasn't taught at Malfoy Manor. Three days of detention after school would do him some good, Regulus at least hoped so.

He was under the slightest illusion that that would be the end of it for that matter, Longbottom had been healed thanks to Madam Pomfrey's great talents and was already with the rest of her household at dinner that night. Draco is unhappy and gives him betrayal looks as he complains to his peers, only those his age seem to give him any credit, the older ones know about the school's clear anti-bullying policy. And as much as they don't like the fifteen points that were debited to them in the second week of school, they wouldn't try a useless revolution when they saw that one of their own deserved such a thing. Her children would rather strive to earn more points if they are smarter by being more than squirming around like babies.

However, there was a twist when, as he sat down to dinner, he overheard Flitwick and Quirrell talking about Quidditch. Initially, Regulus was only surprised to get the impression that Quirrell wasn't all that interested in the sport, but this was quickly brushed aside when they talked about the new addition to the Gryffindor team.

There are still three days to go before the Quidditch Trials, so there isn't a team ready. He turned to look at McGonagall who was ecstatic " which of course she disguised under her veneer of seriousness, but after ten years he could see the subtleties in some of her emotions " and when she turned back to him, she smiled.

Again, it's not like they weren't cordial to each other, they were, very respectful although she still detested Slytherins. That was a little weird.

Then came the reason, and he couldn't stop thinking that Dumbledore was finally going senile – of course, Regulus thought the old man had lost his sanity several times, but this was different – he was leaving a first-year, an eleven-year-old. playing Quidditch, which is not only dangerous in itself, but the wizened boy would still be facing other houses, with students - all players - at least a year older than he is.

If Harry Potter was like his father, perhaps Regulus would overlook this, much to his particular loathing, James Potter was a great player, he is mature enough at 32 to admit this to himself without hurt or scorn. His son, however, was not him, or his reincarnation, the boy barely seemed to know his way around in the wizarding world most of the time.

He vented his concerns for the boy's safety onto Dumbledore - to his utter frustration, but not surprise - he was ignored, dismissed from his thoughts of the boy.

He poured out his disgust in a long letter which he eventually burned, just to shake off the urge to curse Dumbledore.

This man is really going to drive me crazy one day.