Chapter 24

Harry never cared much for the Halloween holiday, even when he thought he was nothing more than a freak, as the Dursleys liked to say, he never thought much of it. He couldn't go out trick-or-treating and he didn't get any of what Duda got. So it was just another day for him.

When he discovered he was a wizard, that particular day didn't take on a happier light. He found out that it was on Halloween night that Voldemort killed his parents and destroyed what his life could have been. There wasn't much to celebrate on October 31st.

Even at Hogwarts, where a special feast took place on Halloween night, the date didn't bring back any better memories. It brought back unforgettable memories - Trasgo in the corridors - but not-so-good ones.

October 31st is also the death anniversary of Gryffindor's patron ghost, Nearly Headless Nick, and this year the ghost had invited Harry, Ron, and Hermione to the party.

Harry didn't know exactly what to expect from the party, but he quickly realized that it wasn't that much fun. He, Ron, and Hermione stuck together for as long as they could among all the countless ghosts.

They tried, but Brat was a being of chaos, and living with him, even for a short time or at a party, was very annoying. The poltergeist seemed to fear only one thing and that's the Bloody Baron, the ghost of Slytherin, apart from him, Brat was more than willing to mess with everyone's mind.

One of his targets was Myrtle, she's a ghost of someone who died young, she wore the school uniform in a transparent shade of gray, and the only distinction that told them which house she was from was the raven badge.

The strange, weeping ghost always seems to have tears to shed, even when she's dead. Hermione tries to be nice to her and only triggers the ghost by shouting that the brunette is a liar and more crying.

"Let's go," Ron muttered to Harry, "we can still get part of the feast."

Harry agreed, it wasn't as if there was anything there for them to eat. After congratulating the birthday boy and blatantly lying about having a good time, they waited a few minutes before saying goodbye and sneaking out.

"I hope the pudding hasn't run out," Ron said.

Harry could see the redhead salivating as he talked about the food being served. The brunette was distracted when he heard something strange.

"Cut... tear... kill..."

Harry frowned as he looked around, the voice was very strange, frightening, and cold. He had heard this voice in Lockhart's room several days ago, but Harry had preferred to leave it alone, but now it seemed much closer.

Harry stumbled, resting his hands on the wall and squinting to try to understand where the voice was coming from in this dimly lit corridor.

"Harry?" Hermione asked worriedly, putting her hand on his shoulder "What...?"

"I hear a voice," he replied quickly, "quiet."

"... so hungry... so long..."

"Listen," Potter said to his friends, it wasn't possible that they weren't listening.

"Kill... time to kill..."

The voice was getting farther away, trailing down the corridor, getting weaker. He stared at the horizon, the corridor getting darker to the point where he couldn't see the wall at the end of it.

Before he could think too much, he started walking in the direction the voice was going.

The distant voice was rising, which made Harry wonder what it was. A mixture of fear and excitement washed over him as he followed the sound. Wondering what it could be, maybe a ghost. What else could move as if walls were nothing?