Capítulo 32

Regulus Black

It had only been two days, and Regulus had just done a thorough search of Potter's family tree to make sure there was no connection between the boy and the founder of the Slytherin house.

Not that he believed the boy was the one causing chaos in the school. He knows that he is the last person with Salazar Slytherin blood alive - almost alive - these days, but knowing that Harry was a parselmouth caught him off guard.

At the end of his research, he concluded that the only relation they had was the parents of the famous Peverell brothers from the Deathly Hallows children's story. Some Slytherin descendants were related to the middle child of the trio and after generations ended up in the Gaunts. While some Potters had a relationship with a descendant of the youngest Peverell.

In other words, hours were spent, and no solution was found. Meanwhile, out of the blue, another attack takes place, just after the confusion of the last meeting of the Dueling Club.

Now, there he was, in Dumbledore's office with a frightened and apprehensive little Potter, another petrified child being taken to the infirmary, and chaos brewing in the school.

He stared at the boy sitting in the chair in front of the principal's desk, who offered him a few drops of lemon. Harry was paler than usual, which was to be expected after he had found Justin's petrified body.

"Harry's innocent," Hagrid said fiercely as he practically burst into the principal's office.

"That's obvious," Regulus muttered.

He realized he hadn't spoken quietly enough when he noticed Harry's gaze on him. The green eyes were disturbingly similar to his mother's.

"You believe me, sir."

"I don't think you would," he replied sincerely.

Could Regulus be very wrong? Yes, but he's used to making mistakes and fixing them.

"...you've got the wrong boy" Hagrid continued to speak to Dumbledore.

"Hagrid," Dumbledore finally said, "I don't think he did it. But I need to talk to him for a moment, you may leave."

Regulus nodded and, accompanied by the half-giant, left the room.

[...]

The double attack turned what had previously been just nervousness into panic. Curiously, it was the ghost's fate that intrigued people the most - after all, what could a ghost do that?

The next few days revolved around this subject and Harry being called the Heir of Slytherin and accused by other students of having attacked the ghost and the two boys. Filch also accused him of being lower than the others after being reprimanded by Dumbledore.

Fred and George, as always, seemed to find the chaos amusing, and more than once Regulus heard them walking down the corridors with Potter, shouting "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin, the evil wizard will get through..."

He saw his brother and Potter's father, James, in those moments. That was something the two of them would have done in their day without a doubt. That and jinx anyone who tried to hurt their friends.

Back when Sirius was faithful to something good, at least.

In any case, the Potter Boy seemed better around the Weasley twins, who, like everyone else with a functioning brain in that school, knew that this whole idea of an heir was utter garbage.

Percy, the oldest Weasley in the school, always scolded the brothers for their messes. But it was clear that they didn't care a bit about what their older brother said.