5- Feeding

Nova wakes up panting, out of breath. Stiles and Scott were heard still talking in Scott's room. She groans, stretching out her limbs. She was in pain all over, feeling her blood rush through her body.

She had to get out of there. And fast. She had to find something to feed on, anything to eat.

She rolls to the floor, stumbling to her window. Opening it she hears running. She sniffs for any nearby animals. Stiles slams the door open, "Are you okay?" She snaps to him, her eyes bloodshot red, her fangs fully extended. Greyish-red veins cradled her eyes making her look even more like a monster. 

"I'm so Hungry." Nova stalks towards him. He backs up knowing what she means. She pants a bit more looking at the ground. "Do you know where the nearest place to find a deer is?" 

Scott pops up behind Stiles, pulling Stiles behind him. She notices and smiles her vamp smile. "Relax, I can control myself. I haven't fed for about a week, so move, I need blood." She pushes them out of the way. 

"Maybe we can help? You know scout for animals," Stiles offers, shrugging. He looks to his friend. Scott pans to Stiles. Stiles shrugs again.

"As long as you look away while I feed I'm fine with it. Especially you Stiles. Something tells me you are queasy about stuff like that." Nova states sniffling. "Now, come on." 

"Let's take her to the forest outback. There's bound to be some animals out there." Stiles suggests. He grabs her by the hand and leads her for support. Still being weary of where her head is. 

"You 'really' do trust me if you're touching me while I'm about to go into heat rage." 

"What's that?" The boys ask simultaneously. 

"You boys need to do your research on Vampires. Especially my strain. When we are in Heat rage, we are stronger. Faster. Faster than anything you can ever see. Besides a Wendigo, those are slightly weaker. We have some advantages to them. But since I'm a half-blood I get weaker I also go mind-blank, like I forget myself. So, I have to feed weekly. Fortunately, since I'm still half-human, I pump half-human blood." 

They continue helping the hungered girl hunt for something to feed upon. Scott helping with his hearing. Stiles mostly just being close to Nova, trying to help her maintain her equilibrium. 

Nova hears a branch and she stares at it. The branch was high up in a tree, and an owl was staring right at her. Her fangs grow longer, and her nails grow. She sprints to it. As she sprints, It starts to catch a flight. She catches it before it can get away. Then she catches herself mid-fall by her hand holding onto the branch. As one hand was on the branch and the other holding the owl, She cooed at it. Nova says sorry before snapping its neck. Her legs find the branch and she hoists herself to sit on it, beginning to feed. Nova finishes quickly before she drops the ground onto her feet.

"Why was that kinda-" Stiles stops mid-sentence staring at Nova. Nova stares at him, shaking her head. She wipes the blood from her mouth with the back of her hand. Nova stares into his eyes while doing so.

"Because you have problems," Nova laughs. She looks at her body parts for any blood just in case before walking closer to Stiles. Stiles makes a 'True' face and Scott and Nova chuckle. "Of what part of that was- ya know?" She stalks toward him, her fangs showing. 

He points his finger at me, blushing while trying to hide a smile. "Shut it."

The trio laughs before walking home again. On the way home, Nova finds a fox and begins to chase it to feed on. Once she was done she tracked Stiles' smell. She finds them and starts walking with them again. 

"You forgot to wipe the blood," Stiles states looking away from her. Nova's eyes widen and wipes the blood from her face. 

Breaking the silence Scott says something. "We should probably get to bed, we have tryouts tomorrow," Scott announces. Stiles and Nova nod, understanding. 

"Thanks for the help, boys," Nova smiles at them both. Nova links arms with both. "You guys are the second best thing that has happened to me, the first being John going to jail."

Scott nods, unlinks his arm wraps his arm around her shoulder, and kisses her temple. "I love ya, sis." 

"Te Iuebesc," Nova smiles. They both stare at her and she chuckles. "It's Romanian, means I love you." Her hand unlinks from Stiles' arm and goes around his waist. It pulls him closer, he stares at her examining her. Stiles wraps his arm around her waist. She notices his stare and tilts her head toward him, "I love you too, Mieczyslaw Stiles Stilinski." 

He blushes, His blood tainting behind his skin across his face. His heart skips a beat and he looks to the dirt. "You should love me; I'm the best," He mumbles. Nova's heart flutters. She shakes her head, attempting to play it off. Scott gives her a look as she stares back at Stiles. 

They arrive home, and Nova runs up the stairs. She showers quickly before changing into a tank top and some shorts. She walks to Scott's room, seeing Stiles still there. Stiles watches her walk in. He looks at her up and down then turns back to Scott. "I thought you guys said y'all need to go to bed." 

"We are; Stiles is staying over, again," Scott gestures to Stiles. Stiles was currently wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants. Scott was shirtless with some sweatpants. 

"I see that now," Nova examines them both. Stiles was on the ground next to Scott's bed. He was lying on top of a makeshift bed with covers. Scott was leaning on his elbows on his bed. 

Melissa walks into the room. She was wearing her work clothes. "Go to bed, you three have school tomorrow, and I won't have you guys being late this much like last year." They nod, before getting under their covers.

"Oh, hey mom? Would you like to go shopping with me sometime? I want to decorate my room a bit more. It looks a bit bland, currently." 

Melissa smiles sweetly at that. "Of course, hon." She pulls her into a hug and kisses her cheek. "Now, go to bed," Melissa states again and playfully shoves her out of the room. 

"Alright, alright, I'm going," Nova laughs. Nova begins to jog to her room, "I love you, goodnight." Nova shuts her door room and plops onto her bed. She lays there, letting the softness of her bed consume her senses making the warmth pull her into sleep. 

Started:  9/14/23
Finished: 9/15/23
Last Edited: 12/11/23
Published:  9/15/23
Word Count: 1169