24- Luring Affection

Nova trotted through the halls with Scott. Her arm was linked with his. He had gotten used to how touchy she was. Nova had always been affectionate with her close ones when she did have a close one that is. 

She gets pulled out of her thoughts by a hand gripping her forearm. "Can you just listen to me?" Nova stares at Orion expecting the possible bullshit that leaves his mouth. Orion steps back from Scott taking a protective stance in front of Nova. She pulls him back and crosses her arms. Orion had been bothering her for days. Texting her, waiting for her when class changes, and many more. He even followed her home once, which was very awkward when Scott tackled him. Scott quite literally jumped out his window to jump on him. 

Orion takes her silence as a sign to speak. "Your father busted out of prison."

"What does that have to do with me?" Nova growls. Her nails dig into her palm, the pain grounding her.

"He's after you."

Nova rolls her eyes at his ignorance. She already knew that; She didn't want to hear it again. Her thoughts told her while she was trying to go to sleep every night. "I know. I have a new nest that is very powerful. I'm not running this time."

"You know him, Novs," His voice breaks. "He will kill anyone that gets in his way."

"He won't kill my nest." 

"He'll kill Stiles."

"He is my nest, so his grubby nails and teeth won't even touch an atom of his skin," Nova snaps back. Her eyes filled with warning, causing Orion to take two steps back. He sighs and nods. 

"Please, just let me join you, again."

"You're gonna have to do more than just ask to join us." Nova smiles, an idea popping up in her head." Her hand slaps Scott on the shoulder and pushes him closer to Orion. "You're going to have to get Scott to trust you and Stiles... Me. And lastly, you'll help me make a protection charm."

Orion sighs deeply, his body showing his hesitance. "What type?"

"Blood charm. We are going to mask Stiles' blood so John can't taste or smell it."

Orion wets his lips, his head turns to the bystanders walking and minding their business before his eyes fall on his little blood sister. 

"I know you can smell him, his scent smells similar to Sylvia."

"Sometimes I hate being related to a Lurer."

"Lurer?"

Nova grabs Scott and Orion and pulls them both into an empty classroom. "It's about time I tell you about my blood family." Nova leans against a school desk, her arms crossing and holding her biceps.

"There are multiple types of vampires. I'm a Lurer, which means I can manipulate the mindwaves of anything with cursing blood in their veins. As long as there is a strong emotion, like anger, despair or lust." Nova stared at the ground as she spoke, her voice laced with little emotion; That emotion being Authority.

"Did you do that on anyone here? Lure anyone?" Scott asks. Nova nods, her finger pointing to Orion.

"Not until he came around, I was the one that leeched onto his fear so he could leave me alone."

"You said you wouldn't use that on me!"

"And you said you wouldn't hurt her."

"I Didn't-"

"You held her down while your mother stabbed her! I think that goes for hurting her," Her voice raises with venom and the door opens slightly. Stiles stumbles in with a solemn face.