23- Sleeping Boy

Stiles sits down next to Nova and kisses her lips. She grimaces at the taste that laced his lips. "How much fucking Adderall did you have?" 

"A lot."

Nova, Scott, Kira, Lydia, the twins, and now Stiles all sat the the lunch table. Nova's feet were on the chair across from her. 

Someone lifts her legs and puts them on their lap. Nova looks from Stiles to the person who touched her legs. Orion. He hands her a Plain black bottle, "Pig blood, your favorite."

Nova scoffs, tossing the bottle back; He catches the bottle. "Not my favorite anymore." Nova's grip tightens on Stiles's hand. 

Orion eyes her and then Stiles. Stiles was leaning into Nova's shoulder, his head facing down to her lap. His hands played with her fingers while his eyes were closed. "I can see that."

"I will drown you again," Nova says Monotone. 

"Again?" Scott asks.

"Or I could steak you to a coffin again. Poison you... Push you off a cliff... Dead's man blood-" Nova gets cut off before she can continue.

"We get it, Nova. You've killed me many times."

Nova sends daggers to him. Her eyes were dark with anger; showing all the hate that she had for him. Her elbow leans onto the table. "24 times you know? And I really could go for a 25th." Her eyes glow quickly before turning back to normal. Her jaw clenched. Soft snores were heard and her face softened. Stiles was asleep on her shoulder, his arm wrapped around her snuggling into her side. She plays with his hair as she glares at Orion. "If you even think about hurting any of my friends this time, I will chain you to the bottom of a pool. Repeatedly. Filled with Dead man's blood."

"How would you get that much blood?"

"You're Idle-minded Orion. There is a morgue in every county. There are 58 counties in the state of California. Approximately 100 people die each minute. Perhaps you can be one of them."

"Not while that sleeping boy is on your shoulder." His long thick finger points to the snoring Stiles.

"I could always schedule it for later."

Orion sighs, his hands throwing up into the air. "You're impossible."

Nova smiles. "That's right. I am Impossible. So, why even try?" Nova leans closer to him. "Now listen to me, Rie. Get. Away. From. Me. And my Nest."

"Nest?"

"And My pack," Scott growled. His eyes glowed red, his wolf fangs peeking from his mouth. Orion scrambles from his seat, running and pumping into people as he goes. The group erupts with laughter. Stiles jerks awake asking what happened. The group laughs more, Stiles frowning wanting to join in on the fun.

-

Nova finishes putting the last bead on the string. She was making friendship bracelets in Economics. "What is more important than me, Nova?" She smiles and ties the bracelet. She tosses the bracelet and he catches it. He awes at it and puts it on. "Thank you, but pay attention." The Bracelet was made from string and beads. The beads spelled out "Coach".

"I am paying attention, I'm fidgeting so I can. If I don't your words would go through one ear and out the other."

Throughout the class, she kept making bracelets. Occasionally she'd grab Stiles' or Scott's arm so she could measure their wrist. Eventually, Nova got tired of making the bracelets so she stopped at two. She got distracted by Stiles' hand and started massaging her thumbs into it. His hand was cold, her warm hand against his easing the cold of his own. A few scratch marks were on his hand, feeling the roughness of the skin trying to heal itself. She scanned the room for any lingering eyes. She licked her hands and started to massage her saliva into his hand. The scars slowly faded away as her fingers massaged.

She watched her hands. She noticed how her nail polish was almost gone. She needed to paint them again. Or rather get Stiles to do so again. The only reason why she wanted him to paint her nails at the first point was for him to hold her hand. He held her hand so delicately. Like her hand would break at any moment. She craved his soft hands to hold her. His lips were on hers, slowly but passionately. 

A hand smacking on the table brings her out of her daydream. It was Stiles; She grabbed his hand. "You okay? You were spaced out? Class ended a bit ago."

Nova nodded. Scott stood next to her desk, holding her stuff. Scott had a worried face. "I was daydreaming."

"About?" Scott interrogates. 

Nova shakes her head, her hand slightly tightening onto Stiles' hand. They leave and Nova follows; Her hand still has ahold of Stiles'. His fingers were interlocked with hers, his thumb rubbing into the back of her palm. 

-

Stiles walks into his room and pulls off his shirt. "Too hot," he says before screeching at the sight of Nova on his bed. "When did you get here?"

Nova ignores the question and laughs instead. She tries calming down for a bit but his petrified scream replays in her head. Her hand covers her mouth, attempting to hold in the laugh. She didn't come here to scare him but she certainly did not regret doing so. 

"Did you just come here to see me jump out of my skin or did you need something?" Stiles teases, rolling his eyes and throwing a balled-up paper that was on the ground at her. 

Nova caught the ball and chucked it back at him. "I came to hang out, asshole," She utters between laughs.

"I could have gathered that," Stiles groans lightly, laying down on the bed with his arms above his head. Nova recovers from laughing and her eyes linger on his chest. Hair was scattered on his naked chest, a prominent happy line trailing into his sweatpants. His v-line was slightly showing and she gulped. 

Nova ignores her wants and snuggles into him, her arm lying on his chest. "To be fair, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah, yeah," Stiles responds with sarcasm. He gently pulls her onto his lap, his legs bending to support her ass. 

Nova eyes his lap, her eyes widening. "Damn, okay."

Stiles chuckles, shifting her weight to his legs. "So, what's up? Whatcha wanna do?"

Nova shrugs. "I don't know." Nova taps his chest, making the five points of a star. 

"Hmm," Stiles tilts his head. He gently takes her hand and brings it above his head, his fingers interlocking with hers. He begins to rub her thumb with his thumb, just enjoying the feeling of her being next to him. "I guess we could hang out and chat." He shrugs as well, his gaze looking out of the window. 

"We could," Nova hums. "We have nothing else to do."

"That's true. It's not like I have homework to finish." His words were telling the truth. As he had already done his work in the hallway. Now he could have more time to do stuff he wanted to do. Like hanging with her or browsing the internet for interesting topics. He just recently researched male circumcision, and that topic was interesting to him, to say the least. "I have you, that's all." He chuckles with a playful smile on his face as his thump brushes her bottom lip. 

Nova's lips curl up, her teeth biting into the flesh of her lip. Stiles' eyes fall to her hands reaching behind his head. A warm, pink tint crosses his cheeks as his gaze falls to her lips. 

After a moment of hesitation, his lips crashed into hers, gently caressing them with his own. A warm smile forms on his lips as his thumb plays with her bottom lip, his thumb occasionally moving her piercing. 

"Wait. Did you say you have me to finish?"

He chuckles at her latency. "Did you just figure that out?" Nova nods, huffing a laugh at her own ignorance. 

-

Started: 9/24/23
Finished: 9/25/23
Last Edited: 22/12/23
Published: 9/25/23
Word Count: 1326