30- Threats & Car rides

The halls of Beacon Hills High were loud. The school hallways were almost always busy, with students laughing as they walked to the cars and buses with their friends. Stiles walked with Nova, his arms linked to her arm and his fingers interlocked with his. The new couple walks through the exit doors of the school. The jeep that was parked near the entrance had someone leaning against it. Nova pushed her boyfriend behind her, shielding herself from the suspicious person who shouldn't have the confidence to do so. But he did, and she loathed him for it.

John was leaning against the old blue jeep, his ankles were crossed, as were his arms. The man had a cigarette in his mouth, the smoke blowing around his face. His chain around his neck compliments his sharp jawline. His skin tone was tan for what he was; A vampire. He wore a white tank top, with dirty jeans along with old leather boots.

"What the fuck do you want?" Nova growls with venom. Her fists curl tight, her nails digging to her palm.

"My precious daughter to come home." He pauses before his eyes land on Stiles and leans around to take a better look at him. "Is that your replacement for her?"

"You expect me to come with you but you disrespect me like that? Go fuck yourself. And get off the jeep." Nova motions him to shoo off the jeep.

John kicks himself off the jeep and flicks the cigarette. "Come on, I need my best hunter."

Nova scowls. "Exactly. You need someone to lure humans so you can eat; Not your daughter... You can go fuck yourself and do it yourself."

John eyes the couple and smirks. "So, he knows what you are?"

"Of course he does. So, did she."

"So, he knows that I will suck him dry if he hurts you."

"I will sink my teeth into your tainted skin if one of your atoms even touch him." Her dead eyes stared into his. Her heartbeat was calm, beating the sinus rhythm. She was angry but she tried her best to control it so she didn't seem so. "If a drop of blood even gets in your system, I will know. It will poison you, ever so so slowly. And eventually, you will stop dead. Just like the many people that you killed."

"Oh, but you helped."

"It was better than getting beat up by your goons if I didn't do so."

"What's going on here?" a voice asks behind the two teens. Scott. He takes a defensive step in front of the two, knowing who he is just by the look of John. Nova had told him all about the horrible man and what he did for fun. "You better take your leave."

John studies him and grins with fake politeness. "I'm not taking an order from a teenaged boy."

"Yeah? What about a true alpha werewolf?" Scott states. His eyes glow red before going away to not catch too much attention.

"And a Kitsune?" Kira asks as she steps up next to Scott.

John nods in disappointment. Fear is the only emotion surrounding his scent. "This isn't over," he says as he walks off.

"I know it isn't, but we'll be here... Together," Nova affirms. It was more for herself so she wouldn't be so scared. Her bleeding hand uncurls, crescent bloody wounds in the center of her palm. She licks her wound, the wound healing faster before anyone could notice. But they did notice, Scott smelled it and Stiles watched as she licked her palm. He grabs her palm gently and she flinches. His eyes fills with worry. His mind was thinking about the last thing before Scott appeared. He pulls her hand to his chest, staring at her. She nods her head, tears filling her glossed eyes. She leans on his shoulder and he holds her protectively.

"It's okay. They won't hurt you again." Stiles presses his forehead against hers. "Besides, I can poison them with my blood if need be," Stiles jokes to lighten the situations. Nova laughs, tears stil tainted against her rosy cheeks. He wipes her tears from her face and kisses her forehead. "You're still pretty when you cry."

Nova cracks a pained laugh. "Shut it." He leans down to her ear to taunt her. "Never," he whispers.

"Good... Because I love your stupid voice, and how much you talk... Now take me home," She laughs low. She turns and his hand rests at her waist, guiding her to the jeep.

"I love how you ramble."

Kira and Scott follow, getting in the back. With a slam of the driver's seat door, Stiles starts the engine. He puts his hand on Nova's seat to see better and she gushes over him. He notices and winks at her, stepping on the gas while looking at her before looking at the road head first.

The whole way home, she sat there admiring him. He strummed his fingers against the steering wheel along with the music that played softly.

"You're staring," Stiles states as he glances at her swiftly.

Nova scoffs playfully and crosses her arms at being caught. "So? Can't I stare at my hot boyfriend?"

"Oh? Is that all I am to you? Good looking?" Stiles taunts. He turns the music down a little lower; Now it played softer in the background, completing the perfect ambiance for the car.

"Amongst other things," Nova purrs, her fingers walking on his shoulder. Stiles opens his mouth to speak, smirking while he did so.

"You should tell me-"

"Don't tell us about it!" Scott whines from the back. Nova turns and her head falls back in laughter. Scott was covering his ears, the same as Kira.

"Sorry! Sorry... He's just pretty," Nova chuckles. Her shoulders shrug before she relaxes in the seat. Her shoulders continue to bounce as she silently laughs to herself. Nova sucks her teeth to kill the silence. "Anyways, I'm glad it's Friday. We can have another sleepover or something."

"We are definitely not going to have a sleepover, not with you two, you horny assholes."

This time it was Stiles' and Nova's turn to share a playful scoff. "I am not-" The two glance at each other and continue. "We are not horny assholes. We're-"

"Horny," Stiles finishes.

"Assholes." Nova finishes her own. She eyes him, checking him out.

Stiles points at Nova with his free hand, a big goofy smile one his face. "See! That was horny, that look right there."

"I am not horny! You're just good looking."

Scott clears his throat that catches Nova's attention. Nova turns and becomes confused. "What?" Scott looks away bashfully. Nova sniffs to make sure; Her eyes widen, her face turning red. "Oh, I have to charm that! That's embarrassing," Nova whines.

"Charm that? What are you a witch too?" Stiles interrogates.

Nova sighs and adjusts her hips into the seat. "Not technically. But my aunt did teach me in some blood magic, since you know, there is an abundance of it. Magic has to have a sacrifice, my bloodline chooses blood instead of pain or killing small animals. We'd rather just use our own blood instead. As is we, I mean me. I found a way to not kill."

"Sounds smart, better even," Kira observes. Her smooth hair bounces as she nods, a small smile on her face for her friend. This comforts Nova and she smiles back while giving a curt nod.

Nova licks her lips. "Can you smell it too?"

Kira shakes her head no, and tilts her head in humor. "My senses aren't that good as his. To me you just smell like books and roses."

Nova giggles at that, agreeing that she smelt that way.

Started: 10/01
Finished: 10/03
Last Edited: 10/03
Published: 10/03/23
Word Count: 1311