10- Never have I ever

Nova was currently sitting on Stiles' living room couch. Her knees were pulled to her chest, her chin leaning on her knees. Nova was between Scott and Stiles. The TV was playing a movie that Nova wasn't paying attention to. Lydia sat next to Stiles and Kira sat next to Scott. Malia sat on a Lazyboy chair with her legs hanging over the arm of the chair.

Lydia slaps her knees, gaining everyone's attention. "Alright, I'm bored," Lydia announces. "We got to make things interesting otherwise I'm going into a coma." At that, Stiles grabs the TV remote and mutes the TV.

"We could ask questions, to get to know each other," Kira suggests. Her hand pulls a strand of her behind her ear.

Nova nods agreeing; She'd like to know the group better. Lydia stares at Kira before shaking her head no. Lydia begins looking around the room before she smirks. "Or... we could play a game."

Malia makes a face. "Like what? Tag?" Malia jokes. Nova chuckles, her lips thinning with humor.

The group talked about what games they could play.

Deep down, Kira and Lydia were happy that there was another girl in the group. Nova was glad as well. Don't get her wrong, she loved the boys, but all girls need a little girl time; The same as boys needing boy time.

"Why don't we just ask questions, but there's only one rule. It has to be interesting." Nova examines the group.

Stiles shrugs looking to Scott then back to Nova, smirking. "We could play 'Never have I ever?'"

The group got in a circle on the floor. Starting with Nova, Stiles, Scott, Kira, Lydia, and then Malia. "We're doing this to get to know each other right? Not to win?" Scott asks. The group agrees with the first.

Kira goes first as she is eager to go. "Never have I ever faked sick to miss school." Scott and Stiles put their head down, showing that they have before.

"Hmm, I thought Nova would have done that," Kira frowns.

Nova shakes her head. "I've never been sick." The group gasps in unison. They ask how and Nova shrugs.

"It has to be because you're a vampire right?" Stiles asks without thinking. Nova's head snaps to him in disbelief.

Scott laughs at her reaction. He might have forgotten to tell her that they all were supernatural beings as well. "Relax, sis. They're supernatural too, the only human here is Stiles."

Nova's heart gushes at his nickname for her. She has always wanted a brother. Little did she know, she did, and he was across the country. Nova nods, releasing a breath that she didn't know she was holding.

The group told her what they all were, and what they could do. Nova becomes shocked, not knowing that some were even a thing.

"So, who is next?" Malia breaks the silence.

Lydia raises her hand beginning to ask a question. "Never have I ever..." Lydia starts to think.

Something tickles Nova's face and she slaps it, moving it away. She discovers it is a piece of hair so she begins taking her hair down. Her hair was knotted into the hair tie. Great. Embarrassing herself in front of her new friends. Nova groans. A hand stops her, and she looks to see that it's Stiles helping her. His touch was gentle against her hands into her hair. She watches him, her eyes focused on his concentration. Once he is done he hands her the hair tie and leans back into his spot.

"What was that?" Lydia asks immediately. Her mouth bites her bottom lip in judgment. Nova stares at her, confused about what she meant. Her hands finish her messy bun. "You were totally checking him out."

Nova's eyes widen as she scoffs. "No, I wasn't." Her heart quickens and her blood rushes around her body. Stiles's mouth was open in shock, his heart racing as well. Nova couldn't help but zone in on his heart, making her panic more intense.

"Yes. You were. You were giving him bedroom eyes," Lydia remarks. This makes Scott snicker.

"What the fuck is bedroom eyes?" Nova questions. She looks around the group and her eyes land on Stiles. He was leaning on his elbow, his face red as a tomato. His head was down, attempting to hide his blush. Nova realizes what she meant and panics.

Kira gives Nova a face full of sympathy, beginning to speak. "Guys, leave her alone, she was just watching him; I would do that if someone helped me like that." Nova relaxes once Kira finishes. Nova was glad that Kira was helping her out.

"Never have I ever liked someone on sight less than three times," Lydia smirks. Nova knew that she was trying to get Nova. Everyone but Lydia puts their head down.

Nova only liked two people on sight. Sylvia her ex-girlfriend, and Stiles. Nova didn't think she liked Stiles romantically but she did call him cute when she met him. I mean, did she really like him? I mean yeah, she found him cute, but romantically like him? I mean it took her years to find out that she was crushing on Sylvia. Maybe she did, she just couldn't tell just yet.

As for Stiles, He knew he liked her. He liked everything about her. He knew because he noticed the signs of his body reacting to her, just like he had done with Lydia in the seventh grade. He thought he still liked Lydia, but he knew he was entranced by Nova.

The group continues to ask questions. From Spicy questions to personal, the group begins to get tired. They get covers putting them all in the living room, making makeshift beds. Once they are done, the front door opens and a man with a sheriff outfit walks in. Nova freezes hiding behind Scott. Her eyes focused realizing it wasn't who she thought it was. She silently thanked the universe that it wasn't her father.

"Dad, this is Nova. The new girl I told you about." Stiles gestures to Nova that was still behind her brother. She slowly steps out behind her and outstretches her hand, smiling shyly. He takes it, introducing himself.

"Have you kids eaten yet?" Noah, the man asks. "I could go for some pizza." He offers. They all shake their head, some saying no. Noah goes to the kitchen and begins to order some pizza.

After Noah walks away, Nova sighs. "You could have told me that he was a sheriff, Mieczyslaw." Her eyes still show that she is on edge. Stiles apologizes bashfully.

Started: 9/16/23
Finished: 9/17/23
Last Edited: 12/11/23
Published: 9/17/23
Word Count: 1104