32- Breakfast & Nightmares

Nova finished the last egg and placed it on a plate. She decided to wake up early to cook breakfast for the boys. She cooked eggs, bacon, and sausage.

Hands wrap around her waist as she places the last egg onto a plate. "Smells good," Stiles states. His morning voice was revealing itself in roughness. his hot breath raises goosebumps against her neck. He plants soft kisses on her neck that causes shivers to run down her spine. Nova giggles softly.

"That tickles, Stiles." She turns around facing him. His hair was messy with sleep, His sleep shirt was loose on his shoulders, and his plaid pajama pants hung low on his hips. A part of his shirt was tucked in his pants and she chuckled at the sight. "Slept that good your shirt is tucked in your pants," Nova teases him. She reaches to pull it out and one of his hands latch onto her wrist. He grabs her other hand and pins them together behind her back. With his free hand, he wraps it around the back of her thigh and lifts her to sit on the counter. Nova gasps at the cold against her thighs. "Why are you so quiet? Hm?"

Stiles continues to plant soft kisses on her neck. "Tired," he slurs. Her hands travel his back and support his weight from him leaning onto her.

"Why don't you go back up and sleep a bit more?"

Stiles collapses more into her, her legs spread open and he slots between them. His legs snap shit on his waist, holding him in place.

"You won't be there," his hands tighten on her wrists, she grunts in pain and he backs away. "I-I'm sorry," He stutters.

Nova smiles weakly while rubbing her wrist. With her legs, she pulls him back into her. His hands go flat onto the counter by her sides. "It's okay. It will take a universe amount of pain to scare me away... Now, what's wrong? You reek of anxiety."

His head lays onto her shoulder and he stays there for a bit. "I had a nightmare."

Nova sighs and thickens for a bit before pushing him to look at him. Her hand grabs his chin and studies his eyes. "Distract or listen?" Stiles blinks at her, his mouth opening to speak before snapping shit. His eyes roam her face. "Distract," his voice squeaks. Nova kisses his nose, comforting him that everything will be okay.

"Did Kira stay over last night?"

Stiles looks up towards the stairs, staring at them. Stiles nods. "Do you want to get them while I fox their plates?" He nods and walks up the stairs.

Nova fixes the plates, portioning them with how much she thinks they would take. Not forgetting to grab another plate for Kira, she fixes hers and places it next to Scott's. She sits at the table and waits for them, watching them jog down the stairs with sleep still on their faces. Scott stops next to Nova and kisses her temple. "Thanks, sis." Nova hums in response and points at his spot. He nods, taking a seat.

Scott sits in front of Nova and Kira sits to the right of him. While Stiles drags himself to the left of Nova. They get comfortable and they sit in silence.

"I didn't know you could cook this good," Stiles states. His positive energy was almost there, still a bit out of it from his nightmare.

Scott chuckles and responds with a smile on his face. "I didn't know she could cook."

Nova eyes the group, pulling a piece of hair behind her ear. "Sylvia taught me," Nova shrugs.

"Oh, sorry," Scott says awkwardly. He places his fork down politely and takes a drink of his milk.

Nova downward-smiles. "Don't be."

Stiles clears his throat and everyone looks at him. "May I ask what she was like?"

Nova sets her fork down and wipes her mouth with the back of her hand. Her eyes stare at the uneaten bacon and breathes deeply, her should rising high into her neck. "She was a lot like you. Compassionate, anxiety-filled, a genius, and very sarcastic. She was the one who taught me all about sarcasm. Before her, I just thought people were rude."

"Are you serious? You didn't know what sarcasm was?" Stiles blinks in surprise, his head cocking back.

Nova blushes and sighs. "Yes, I'm serious." She points at him, defending herself. "I studied people for a very long time so I could understand them and sometimes I still don't fucking understand y'all."

The four continue to bicker, mostly Nova talking about her past and Stiles teasing her for her liking two people who are similar. Nova laughed most of the jokes off, even joking about it herself. She had a type: Sarcastic and smart.

Eventually, they all decided to hang out with the others: Malia, Lydia, Liam, Ethan, and Isaac. Stiles wasn't too happy about Isaac but he gave up immediately when Nova gave him a 'Don't even argue.' look. So, now they were heading to Derek's place to hang out. Knowing Derek didn't mind that much for them to hang out there if they didn't cause that much of disaster. And of course, clean up if they do.

Once they arrive, they meet up with the group. Nova runs to Isaac and jumps on his back her hands messing with his hair. "S'up, fuck boy!" Isaac roars with laughter, his hands reaching behind him and catching her.

"Hey! Watch your paws, Lahey!" Stiles yells. Isaac immediately lets go of Nova and she falls to her feet. She stands on her tippy-toes and hugs him. He hugs back, his hands resting on her lower back to anger Stiles. She giggles at him, knowing exactly what he was doing. She shoves him off and shakes her head, scolding him. 

"You're going to get me in trouble, asshole."

She walks off and runs to Malia and hugs her, kissing her on her cheek. Nova joked that if she hadn't liked Stiles she would have liked Malia. "Hello, my lesbian lover!" Malia shakes her head, a usual confused-looking face on her. 

Nova turns to Lydia and hugs her, kissing her cheek as well. "Hello, my loud one." Lydia rolls her eyes and Nova winks at her. 

She turns to Liam and pulls him into a hug, lifting him up and beginning to run around the group. "My gummy bear eater!" Liam laughs trying to get out of her grip. His legs kick and Nova's grip lets go and he falls to the floor. She laughs at him and pulls him up by the collar, patting his back to go. 

"I'm never going to let go of that," Ethan laughs, smirking at his best friend. Nova waves him off and opens her arms to hug him as well, her hug tight and lifting him up and swinging him in a circle as he laughs.

"Where is Derk the Jerk?" Nova asks. Her hands were at her hips and her eyes scanned the room. Her eyes fall on him and she sprints at him, her legs wrapping around his waist. "I've missed you!"

"You saw me two weeks ago," Derek groans. His hands that were at his sides now awkwardly pat her back. 

"Too long, Dare bear!" Nova squeals with fake excitement. Nova jumps off him and wipes herself off resembling like she wiped off her excitement. She clears her throat and rolls her shoulders. "All right, now I'm bored. Let's watch something or at least do something that isn't related to figuring stuff out about the supernatural." Nova leans on Stiles' shoulder as he stares at her, his famous downward smile on his face showing his amusement. She boops him for affection not wanting him to get jealous. It works and his hand snakes around her waist and brings her to sit on his lap. He was sitting on a sofa next to the chairs, Scott sitting on the arm eyeing them too. Nova looks down at her legs where Stiles' knee peeked through between hers. "Well, this is a first." 

-

Written: 10/06/23-10/06/23
Last Edited: 10/09/23
Published: 10/09/23