13- Blood & Polish

Moments go by as She thinks. Nova nods and finally lets him in. He kisses her. His hands reach for her waists. His left hand rubbed her naked thigh, in a way, anchoring her back to him. He pulls her in closer by the waist as her hands go to his hair, desperately tugging on it. Stiles gasps at his hair being tugged. As his mouth opens her tongue enters his mouth. Stiles seems shocked at the initial intrusion before his tongue parties with hers.

As Nova gets more into the kiss, Stiles wraps his left arm around her torso. Her back arches to fit into him closer like a desperate puzzle piece. Nova straddles his lap, pushing him down on her soft comforter. Stiles is once again shocked before his body relaxes as she takes charge. His arms wrap around hers, pulling her in. His left-hand rubs her lower back, providing some type of comfort for them both. 

The comfort didn't help as much as he thought. Her teeth extend piercing his lip. Stiles grabs his lip, seething in pain. "Shit, fuck." Nova groans, repeatedly telling him sorry. Stiles shakes his head, telling her that it is okay, and leans in for another kiss. Nova goes in shock, tasting the blood, and pushes him off. 

Nova's bedroom door opens frantically and Scott runs into the room. Nova looks at him and tells him what just happened. "We were kissing and my fang grazed his lip, were okay." Nova sighs. "My saliva should heal it, is it still bleeding?" Nova pulls Stiles' lip out. It looked as if he was never cut. 

Scott stares at her before he checks his lip himself. "Your saliva has healing properties?"

Nova nods. "It's how us vampires haven't been caught for centuries. My saliva is more potent because I was born a vampire." Stiles stares at her, a small smile on his face. "I'm guessing it was your idea for Stiles to come in here, yeah?" Nova assumes to her brother. Scott nods, smiling proudly.

"I mean he got kissed in the process so yeah." The trio laughs at him before Nova pushes him playfully. Stiles' hand squeezes her thigh twice in excitement. She didn't even know his hand was still there. She plays it off, letting the three calm down from previous laughter. 

"Well, I'll let you two continue; Mom wants me to pick up some groceries. Use protection, kids. I have some in my room." Scott storms out of the room before they can say anything. 

-

Stiles finishes Nova's last fingernail. He was painting Nova's nails because she had begged him to do so. Truth was, Stiles painted nails better than herself. She noted to herself to get him to paint them more often. 

The color of paint she went with was nothing special. Black, which was her go-to color. It always has been. Every time she'd paint her nails it would be black. The texture of black nail polish was always the smoothest. Unlike colors like dark blue or green. She would always find those two colors clumpy. 

"How do you paint nails so well?" Nova asks breaking the silence. Stiles finishes the last stroke for her nail and looks up at her. He shrugs and then screws the cap back on. Polish was on his hands. He even has one on his forearm somehow. "You're like a kid with markers," Nova points out the marks, laughing. He chuckles, examining all the marks on his hands. 

"Be careful, I just might draw on you," Stiles teases, his mouth turning into a small smirk. The bottle was in his hand and he pointed it at her, threatening it as a weapon.

"You can do that," Nova nods. Her smile widens before continuing once more. "I find that weirdly relaxing; The pressure of pens on the skin," Nova admits. Sylvia used to draw all over Nova's arm. Nova would just sit and watch as she does so, admiring her. Nova's expression changes. Nova pushes the thoughts out of her head and lays her head on Stiles' lap. She looked up at him, moving her hands in a fan motion; it dried the polish in no time.

Stiles was crisscrossed, his head on his ankles. Her eyes were on his, his on hers. A smile was on their faces. Silence was in the air, all but breathing and heartbeats. Their hearts were racing considering the calming atmosphere. Nova's teeth were pulling on her lip-piercing. The music was soft in the background playing random rock music. 

Stiles thinks for a moment. He didn't know if this was the right moment to compliment her. He just wanted to say it because it was true. He thought she was majestic looking. Her doe eyes, her plum lips with her lip ring, her buttoned nose, her pointed ears, everything. "You're beautiful, you know that?" Nova blushes at his words, grinning in embarrassment. Her hand covers her face and his hand stops her. "Don't," Stiles says softly. It was so soft that you could hear the air echo through the gum of his mouth. 

Nova rolls her eyes before turning and pushing him down into a cuddle. His hands go to her lower back, holding her in place. Her hands brush into his hair as her head plants in the crook of his neck. "Now you can't see me."

Stiles groans in false annoyance, playing along. "No, but I can hold you," He teases. Nova laughs. Stiles felt the rumble in his chest from hers. He gets goosebumps at the breath that exits her mouth onto his neck. hair from the back of his neck raised. 

Stiles moves his hands up and down on her back, his fingers tracing her spine. The relaxing sensation made her drowsy. She yawns into his neck cuddling as close as she can into him. 

Started: 9/18/23
Finished: 9/19/23
Last Edited: 12/11/23
Published: 9/19/23
Word Count: 987