Brand New Day

Jessica woke up with a yawn, seeing that she was back in Oz Academy. And then, Jasmine came in.

Jasmine: Mornin' sleepyhead.

Jessica: (sleepily) Mornin' to you too Jas. (Yawns)

Jasmine: C'mon! The Guards say that breakfast is ready! You know wolves never miss breakfast!

Jessica: They probably don't have annoying others that wake 'em up...(yawn)

Jasmine: Yeah. Wait. Hey!

Jessica: AnYwaY -

Jasmine: (sigh) I was helping SpiderMan with Mr. Negative and Molten Man. Man! I'm not a fan!

Jessica: Haha! Anyway let's eat!

When they got to school, they saw Gwen and Anya.

Jessica: Hey, Gwen! Hey Anya!

Anya: Hey, Jess. You look......awfully cheery.

Gwen: Did your ex boyfriend abuse you again and you are acting like everything's peachy?

Jessica: Well.....it's a LONG story....

Anya: Oh, and hey there, Jas.

Jasmine: Hey Anya. Nice to see you.

Anya: You too.

The two super heroines (Jasmine and Anya) locked eyes for a moment. Anya knew Jasmine was DarkWolf, and Jasmine knew that Anya was SpiderGirl. Anya doesn't know about Jessica's double life, and neither does Gwen.

Gwen: So...Why ARE you so awfully cheery? Are you doing that thing where you fake your sadness and grief, cause if so then Jessica I will show no mercy.

Jessica sighed. She was faking something; faking that she wasn't SpiderWolf. Gwen doesn't like Jessica keeping secrets from her. In fact, when Gwen found out Jessica had a crush on Peter, Gwen didn't let Jessica hear the end of it.

Jessica quickly changed the subject.

Jessica: Uh...Where is Miles?

Anya: Over at his lab. Why? Do you have a new crush and you didn't tell us, Jessica Evelyn Octavius?

Jessica: No! He's not my type! Uh....Let's go Jas.

Jessica dragged Jasmine away. Jasmine shrugged at the two girls as she was being dragged away.

——

Jasmine and Jessica were at Jessica's lab

Jasmine: Why won't you just tell them you're SpiderWolf?

Jessica: For the same reason Peter wouldn't tell Harry or Ms. Parker. I want to protect them from the likes of Vulture, Scorpion, and.........

Jasmine: Doc Ock? I thought you considered him your brother now...?

Jessica: I-I do.... But it's all so new. My brother is an antihero, how am I supposed to cope with that?

Jasmine: Please, that's not the worst that could happen to you. I was kidnapped when I was seven, and was rid of my memories. My home. My friends and family. Heck I'm sure it was worse than WhiteWolf.

Jessica: How did you cope with it?

Jasmine: I just....I did. I did because I was told to. To Jackal, I am a mindless human soldier who would follow his every step, do what he did, and that's what I was expected to do....for three years.

Jessica: Three?! How in the world did you escape?!

Jasmine: Simple. Fell out of a window, and because I've been stuck in a lab for three years I couldn't climb back up, and..... those were the events that led up to meeting you.

Jessica: Wow. Do you remember any of your friends and family?

Jasmine: Only blurs. My dad....he was kind,yet rough too. I had a brother who was reckless and carefree. And my mom was proud and firm, loving to all. (Chuckles, then sighs sadly) if only i remembered more.....stupid Jackal.

Jessica: I know right? I mean, you could've taken the red and blue hero but noooo! You just had to go for the second fiddle, Jackal! I mean come on! (Laughs)

Jasmine: (starts to laugh) Well you were the only one who had amnesia!

Jessica: Spidey just has to get all of the good luck, huh?!

Jasmine: Yeah!(they both start laughing)

A/N: I think I'm going to start an Ultimate Spider-Man book with Jessica in it. Anyway time skip ~

Jessica and Peter were talking in Jessica's room, both unmasked.

Peter: Rough day, huh Wolfy?

Jessica: Yeah.

Peter: Hey why do you start considering Otto your brother now?

Jessica: Well, he saved us... he saved you, he saved Flash and Anna Maria... i think he deserves to be considered...

My brother.