One

MADDIES POV-PRESENT DAY
You're such a failure!" Mum yells, throwing her hands in the air. Her dark skin was contrasting to my pale, almost white skin and her dark brown eyes, so different to my own green eyes, were filled with anger and hatred.

"Get upstairs!" She screams "you're leaving in the morning! We don't have custody of you anymore and I can't wait for your scumbag ass to get out!" She kicks my side one more time before I drag myself upstairs. I sit in my tiny attic 'bedroom' and pack the small amount of stuff I have. Just a couple of pairs of jeans, leggings, some jumpers and two pairs of old worn converse. I find the money that I stashed in my mattress over the years-just enough for a flight to Australia and some food and maybe a taxi. The crappy electric watch on my wrist beeps and I look down. 12:00am.

It's my birthday. I'm 18. I grab all my belongings and sling the bag over my shoulder. I walk down the stairs quietly and slip out the door quietly, and walk away never looking back. Michael, I'm coming to find you. I want my twin back.

MICHAELS POV
The fancy electric watch on my wrist beeps and I look down. 12:00am. I'm finally 18. I turn over in my bed and face the poster pinned to my wall. It's not a normal poster, with bands and logos and stuff. It's a missing poster, featuring the one person missing in my life. Maddie. It's been thirteen years since I've seen her smiling face, thirteen years since I hugged my twin. I know that one day, we will find her. One day, I will track her down. I want my twin back. I miss my other half. And she will come home. I can feel it.......