Eleven

MICHAELS POV

Luke you shit!" I yell as he runs me off the track in Mario Kart. We'd been playing video games for a couple of hours and it was getting boring. Calum got up to change the game to FIFA and my phone began flashing. I sigh, Seing another unknown number and slide across, accepting the call. Hopefully this time it would be a crazy fan.

"Hello?" I question "Who is this and how did you get my number?"

"Mikey, it's Maddie" my baby sister responds. She's crying, I can tell, and I feel my heart break. "Can you come over? I need my big brother!" She starts to full-on sob and I jump up, grabbing my jacket and trying to pull on my shoes, ignoring the looks I get from he boys.

"I'll be there as soon as I can Maddie. Promise." I hang up the phone and finally succeed in pulling on my shoes. I grab my keys and phone before turning to the boys.

"I'll be back soon. Family crisis. Sorry" I tell them before running out of the house. I pull out my phone and turn on the GPS before typing in Maddie's address and getting into the car. I start the engine and turn on the radio as the new Little Mix song ends and pull out of the driveway.

"This just in!" The radio announcer exclaims "we all became curious after the PDA between 5sos member Michael Clifford and model and singer Maddie C. But it turns out they're brother and sister! Even better....TWINS! Check out this recording of a conversation between Maddie and her beau Ed Sheeran! Is it real? Or is it just a publicity stunt?!"

I start to drive faster. Now I know why Maddie was so upset.

"You will arrive at your destination in 5 minutes" the mechanical voice announced from the GPS. I push harder on the accelerator. I don't care if I get ticketed. I need to see Maddie.

5 minutes later, I'm pulling up into her driveway alongside two other cars. I sprint to the front door and knock again and again until I hear footsteps approaching. As soon as the door opens, I start to talk.

"Oh my god Maddie are you okay? I'm so sorry they found out! I know you wanted to keep it a secret and all that and I'm so so sorr-"

"So you're the twin brother then?" An unfamiliar voice asks. I look up and find myself faced with Taylor Swift.

"Um Hi. Sorry. Yeah that's me" Taylor knows and beckons me forward.

"You better come quick. Maddie's a bit upset and Ed's trying to calm her down but I think she needs you" she opens the door and I step inside, my jaw dropping. The house is huge, I saw that from outside, but the inside is amazing. It's not fancy its more of a rustic, vintage look. I stop to have a look but remember why I am there and rush after Taylor, who leads me into a huge living room. As soon as we enter, Maddie looks up from where she's curled up in Ed's lap. Her face is stained with tears and I feel my heart break even more. She runs towards me and wraps her arms around me.

"I tried so hard to hide it Mikey" she sobs, hugging me tighter "but they found out anyway. A-and then they think it's okay to announce it this way!" She hiccups, tears now flowing freely down her face.

"I know it's hard Maddie. But it'll be okay." I reassure her.

She looks up.

"Promise?"

"Promise" I nod, linking my pinky with hers. She giggles and I reach up to wipe her eyes.

"Look at it this way. You have a great best friend, a great boyfriend and we are finally reunited. At the end of the day, life isn't even so bad! We'll pull through this, okay?"

She nods and I look over at Taylor and Ed who smile and give me a thumbs up.

"Okay Mikey...."