Five

MADDIES POV
Ashton tries to console me on the drive home but all I can do is cry. I lean my head against the window and sob. I finally found my brother and he said he didn't want me because of the one I love. He'd given me a choice. An impossible choice. My brother or my boyfriend. And I didn't know what to do. Ashton had taken me in, cared for me, looked after me. Loved me. But I had known Michael since before birth. My head starts to hurt.

When Ashton pulls up to the house, I run inside, not stopping until I'm locked in my room and away from everyone. I curl up into a ball on my bed and continue to sob, not hiding it anymore. I let out all my anger and sadness, screaming and yelling. I can hear Ashton on the other Side of the door, trying to talk to me. I ignore him. After a couple of hours, I pull out my phone. 28 missed calls from Ashton, 119 texts from Calum and Luke (no idea how they got my number) but nothing from Michael. I'm about to shut my phone of when a call comes through for the fashion agency I applied for about a year ago. Curiously, I wipe my tears and sniffle before answering the phone.

"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Maddie Clifford?"
"Yes, how can I help you"
"We've been reviewing your application for a while now and we've come to an executive decision. Your application was the best we received and we would like to offer you a job here!"
"Seriously! That's amazing, thank you so much!"
"It's an honour to be able to work with you! We want you to do two jobs, Both as a model and as a designer. We are very interested with your work."
"Thank you so much!"
"When can you start? We want you in our LA headquarters as soon as possible!"
"LA? In America?"
"Yes Ms Clifford. I know it's a big move but it's an amazing opportunity"
"I can be there in 3 days!"
"Great! Do you need us to organise accomodation?"
"Yes please!"
"Okay. We will see you in 3 days Ms Clifford."

I hang up and collapse into my bed. This is the solution to my problems. Michael told me to leave, so I will. I need to talk to Ashton first though. I unlock the door and let him in, being pulled into a hug immediately.

"Don't leave me Maddie" he whispers in my ear "I need you"
"I have to Ash" I mutter
"Does that mean we have to break up?"
"I think that will be best"
"I love you so much" he sobs
"You will never know how much I love you Ashton"
"Can I at least have one last kiss?"
"Of course" I press my lips again Ashton's, fighting to hold back the tears. He kisses back, and after a while, he pulls away. He helps me pack my bags, both of us sobbing. Eventually, we finish and the taxi pulls up out the front to take me to the airport.
"Don't forget me" Ashton whispers and he hugs me again.
"I could never forget you Ash. Thank you for everything" He smiles sadly and I climb into the taxi, blowing him a kiss as we drive away.

MIKEYS POV
"MICHAEL GORDON CLIFFORD" Ashton yells as he storms into my house. "You're such an arsehole! I'm going to kill you!"
"Did Maddie break up with you?" I ask, hoping the answer is yes so we can put everything behind us.
"Yes!" He screams "and she's also left to go to LA!"
She left? She wouldn't leave. Was I that harsh? Did I force my own sister away? What the hell did I do that screwed everything up!
"She's going to a fashion company. As a model and designer. We will probably never ever hear from here again, let alone see her! You really screwed up this time Michael!"
A sob escapes my lips as I sink to my knees. I turned my own sister away. She's gone. And I don't think she's ever coming back.