289.Is this how you treat your Master?

While roaming around Lalisa was keeping a side-eye at the maids who were making a circle and were whispering to each other like meddlesome aunties.

Lalisa pretended to notice nothing and just looked around curiously. She wanted to see what everyone here thinks of her?

Because she does not have original Lalisa's memories and other than a few things that she found out from Minnie, she does not know anything about her.

She needs to figure out her status in the palace herself and need to create her place in this palace. Because she doesn't know how long she has to stay in this palace.

After Minnie asked her to do the work first and check the preparations for the feast, she felt that she can't let this continue.

Because those girls were giving her revolting and strange looks and hadn't greeted her yet. She was the Empress yet no one greeted her.

So she couldn't hold herself and walked towards them with a plain smile on her face, with her hands folded around her chest.

She stood straight with her head held high and stood in front of them in her perfect posture which gave her a domineering look.

She looked at the maids who were standing there who became alert when she arrived.

Everyone straightened themselves when she approached them however the girl in the middle was still wearing the same arrogant look on her face.

It was Yuju.

Yuju is a girl with an average face and short height but her overall look is cute type. She was not outstanding and beautiful but her facial features were unique.

Yuju looked at Lalisa with her brows raised and was amused when she heard Lalisa's words.

She could sense the tone of ridicule in her words and understood that Lalisa was not asking them to share their secrets but simply challenging them to speak up if they have guts.

Yuju came with Eunbi when she got married to Jeongguk. In L country, she used to work in the kitchen and takes care of everyone's meals.

However, she was sent here after Eunbi married to the Emperor. She has good relations with Eunbi and treated her as her elder sister.

Eunbi also loved Yuju's cooking so she arranged her to work in the kitchen as she is much experienced in this field.

In return to this, Yuju used to give all the information to Eunbi about the things going on in the palace or anything related to Lalisa.

Because before, Lalisa used to come to the kitchen daily.

This way she is working for Eunbi while working in the kitchen palace. She is like a spy of Eunbi who kept her gaze onto Lalisa and inform Eunbi of any useful news.

As Eunbi was her master, she never liked Lalisa because if not for Lalisa, Eunbi would have been the Empress and then Empress Dowager.

This way, she will also get a higher position and a certain status among the servants. Because if her master is Empress or Empress Dowager then she could make others follow her.

On Eunbi's words, Yuju has influenced the other maids in the kitchen as well and has made them against Lalisa.

The kitchen staff is the most important in the palace because they are connected to everyone. And the rumors spread fastest from the kitchen.

The kitchen staff has a different level of authority among the servants in the palace. They were given more priority and importance.

Of course, they cannot be compared to the personal guards to the royals. But they held an important hierarchy among the servants.