296.Giving the powers to the Empress

Eunbi looked at Lalisa with gloomy expressions when she heard her words. Her eyelashes were fluttering in nervousness as she opened her mouth to say something but no words come out.

She clenched her fists tightly and wanted to say something when she heard cold and stern manly voice coming by Lalisa's side.

"Yes. You did the right thing to punish someone who disrespects you. My Empress." Jeongguk suddenly spoke as he turned towards Lalisa and looked at her with a tender gaze.

Her gaze was soft and gentle. He was assuring Lalisa that she did right by punishing someone who disrespects her.

Eunbi and others were stunned when they heard Jeongguk's words. It was the first time, he said something like this and that too in public.

Eunbi's mouth was open in a daze as she looked at Jeongguk with perplexed expressions on her face. She has no idea how to react in this situation.

Though Eunbi has seen the different side of Jeongguk in the banquet, but he did not say much at that time either.

But this time, Lalisa openly went against her and Sandara while Jeongguk surprisingly supported her.

'Since when his highness has become so expressive?' Eunbi was speechless as she looked at Jeongguk in disbelief.

Her expressions turned sour seeing her looking at Lalisa with tender expressions on his face.

He never looked at her with such expressions but when he looks at Lalisa, his expressions changes and becomes soft and gentle.

Even Lalisa was surprised and startled when she heard such warm words from Jeongguk. She has not expected to interfere and support her statement.

When she spoke her mind earlier, she was slightly nervous what if Jeongguk opposed her or did not support her?

But when she heard his warm words, her heart melt away.

Especially the words, 'My Empress.' when he said these words, his gaze was extremely gentle and his voice was warm and tender. She felt that those words were dipped in honey because they were extremely sweet that she could get diabetes from them.

It was the first time that she felt her body trembling and something felt different about him. She never expected that despite his cold and stern image, he would show such side of him in public.

She was baffled and don't know how to react. She just looked at him with her puppy-like a confused gaze and stared at him in a daze.

She felt that these words felt more sweet and intimate than, 'My Wife'. For some reason, she will choose My Empress over cheezy loving words like baby, honey or wife.

Because baby, honey or wife could be anyone but the Empress of Ji Dynast could only be one.

There could be only one Empress in Jeong Dynasty at this moment and that is her. She felt her worth and the importance she held as an Empress.

He was looking extremely handsome and charming at this moment when she looked at him. His face was glowing and his eyes were glistening like the moonlight in the starry night.

Jeongguk saw the bewildered gaze in Lalisa's eyes and smiled. Her face has turned crimson because of his words and her eyelashes faltered because of it.

He resisted the urge to touch those flushed cheeks and tried to control his heart racing emotions.

He shifted his gaze away from her and turned to face Yuju and then looked at Eunbi, "From now on, Lalisa, the Empress of Jeong dynasty, will have all the powers to control this harem. No one could interfere in her decision, not even Empress Dowager or someone else." he looked at Eunbi when he said, 'someone else'.