Chapter 31

"Wow, you are not hearing me, Chase."

"I'm trying."

"I tell you that I love you and you have the audacity to treat me like this."

Chase ran his hand behind his neck, "That's not what I'm trying to do, I know that I have been slacking but at times I need a break."

"A break from me?"

Chase looked guilty and knew the answer,

"So did you cheat on me, Chase?"

"No, I have not."

"I don't know why we are having this conversation."

"I don't like seeing you with Jeremy and I did not expect to find you two here."

"He is there for me when Paige and Meghan are busy."

"He is there for you.................."

"You know what Chase, what is it you want?"

"I want us to go for a drive."

"No thanks."

She could see that it had shocked him for her to refuse his offer,

"So you want to go to Jeremy?"

"Yes, I invited him out and I'm being rude leaving him alone."

"There is nothing more that I can say, you may go."

Storm swallowed and turned walking back inside, she would not let him see her in a vulnerable state that she was in.

She sat across to Jeremy, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, let's carry on."

They got more drinks and they toasted all the more drinking, she checked the time and it was one in the morning.

She and Jeremy stood up stumbling as they made their way back, they were laughing and supporting one another.

They were stumbling and tripped, she closed her eyes ready to hit the ground when she didn't, and opened her eyes once.

It was Chase and two of his friends,

"We will drop off Jeremy."

Chase nodded,

"No, I can help him back to his place, I asked him to come out." Storm mumbled out as she went out of Chase's arms.

He pulled her back to him and hauled her over his shoulder, his friends went the other way and Chase started the other way.

She closed her eyes, it was nice being carried, she had felt heavy and when Storm was set down, they were by the waterfall.

Chase stooped in front of her and she looked at him, he seemed to be in pain,

"I know I hurt you."

She nodded, stopping the tears from coming out, "You did."

"You're the last person that I want to hurt, but I'm being a dick."

"What did I do? If you don't want me Chase, just say so."

"I want you Storm, this is new to me and I don't know at times what I'm doing and why I'm doing it."

"It hurts me a lot when you don't see me Chase, I wait for you."

"I know, and that's what makes me more mad at myself, I don't deserve you."

There were so many untold words with that statement, she reached out and placed her hand on his cheek, and he leaned into it.

"I don't want to nag you Chase, but please don't hurt me like this. I watch the door for you and wait for you to text me back."

"I know, I just don't know what I'm doing."

"If you feel like I'm moving too fast, you can tell me."

"You're not, he took her hand from his cheek and kissed it, "I know I'm being selfish, but I can't bear seeing you with someone else, and it is all my fault."

"That is enough for me, at least you do care about me." She replied.

"I did not mean to hurt you earlier, I just lost my shit seeing you taking Jeremy's side and leaving me behind."

He placed his hand on the back of her neck and pulled her down, he kissed her on her forehead. She closed her eyes and at this moment, she would never let it go.

Chase sat next to her and she leaned down, as her head rested on his lap, and he was playing with her hair.

She snuggled into him, "I love your scent."

Chase chuckled, and he leaned down, kissing her hair, "Your hair scent is amazing."