𝐎𝐍𝐄

I turn the pages of my book and ignore the constant bagging on my door

"Hello? Lina? I know you're in there. My father wants to speak to you." Vera speaks from the other side of the door.

I groan loudly, close my book, slide my glasses off of my face and onto the top of my head, and then slipping on my light pink slippers.

I open the door and raise a brow.

Vera rolls her eyes. "I know you heard me. He needs you. Now."

I push past my cousin and make my way down the marble staircase and into the long corridor where his office is located.

I don't bother knocking and enter, closing the door behind me. "You called?"

My uncle sighs. "When will you learn Angelina? Knock them you enter and please fix that attitude."

"But you called for me. So I don't need to knock to ask for permission to enter if you're the one that wanted me here and-"

"Stop the smart mouth, Lina. I don't care. Take a seat." He quickly dismisses me.

He holds his pen to his mouth and scans his large computer screen. He grins and turns to me. "When do you open your store?"

"Eleven. Why? What do you want me to do tomorrow?" I look down at my watch which reads 9:34 a.m.

"Lina. I want you home early tonight. It's really important. Do you understand?" He questions.

I hum in response and stand. "Thank you for wasting time on something you could have sent Vera to tell me."

My uncle scowls at his screen and then turns to me. "Out of my office in five seconds. Five.. four.."

I don't hear the rest of his stupid countdown before I leave the room. Not that I'm scared. He isn't going to do anything. He's been doing the countdown thing since I was five and he didn't seriously believe me, at age twenty-four is still scared of that.

I quickly run up the stairs, grab my phone and dial the only person that I know who'll always answer. "Isabel?"

"Yeah, babe. You okay?"

"Of course. I just needed to know if you've seen Maxim. I haven't heard from him for two days. I figured you know since you know everything." I sigh.

"Ooh. No. I'm sorry. Maybe it's work, you know how your boyfriend is. He wants to spoil you, and that means working."

"Okay. I'll keep trying." I thank her and end the call trying once more.