𝐓𝐄𝐍

I groan as I hear loud movements through my ears

I groan as I hear loud movements through my ears. I don't open my eyes, tiredness still covering me.

When the noises don't stop I force myself to open my eyes and find out what the cause of the noise is.

Dominic stands by our full-length mirror, taking time to do his tie.

I frown. He usually doesn't wear these kinds of fancy complicated ties. Just basic ones.

I couldn't help but wonder where he could be going so early in the morning all dressed up. And it definitely wasn't work. He wears grey when he goes to work.

I huff, curiosity growing inside of me each second.

As I huff, Dominic turns to look at me for a quick second then back at the mirror. "Did I wake you?" He asks.

"Yes." I look over at my phone. "Five a.m? Really?"

He gets ready for work at his office most mornings and I don't hear him at all.

"I wake up this time every day, Angel." He responds, not turning to look at me this time.

Angel.

He started calling me that last night.

"Where are you going?" I finally let out.

Dominic hums and walks up to his bedside table, rummaging through his drawers, looking for something. "It's a very important business meeting.

I nod slowly and look at his still undone fancy tie. "You need help?"

He raises a brow. "I don't know you wore ties? Must be in the new fashion I guess." He says, his voice laced with sarcasm.

"Haha. Funny. I actually wore ties at my private school and they were similar. But you can struggle all you like. I'll just get back to sleep. And now you're gone, I can sleep in the middle of the bed. Also-"

"Just help me get it on. Please." Dominic lets out in frustration.

"See? Was that so hard?"

I stand in front of him and grab the tie that was hanging off of his collar. "Bend a little. I can't reach up to your neck properly."

"Right. This is why you wear heels all the time." He says, as though he has come to a sense of realisation.

I fold my arms and narrow my eyes. "Full of jokes this morning, are we?"

Dominic glances away like he wants to smile. I see it in his eyes. If he doesn't smile, his eyes definitely do it for him.

I slowly wrap the tie around his collar, looped it over once, and then wrapped the top again and again, leaving a design he was going for. I fold it back inside and finish, tucking his tie under his collar properly.

"There," I say softly. I look up to see Dominic already looking down at me. We lock eyes for what seems like forever.

Remembering he has somewhere to be and I have sleep to continue I pull myself away from him and quickly enter our bed again.