𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

I hold back my yawn as I enter the Volkov home, holding my large cup of coffee

I try to balance myself in my heels, and my heavy blazer, and place my bag on the table.

Daniel laughs softly, watching my struggle. "Do you need help, ma'am?"

"No. Maybe if you had asked me when I was struggling out of the car. That question would have actually been useful."

I roll my eyes and brush past him and into the kitchen.

The person I've learnt's name is Salvatore, Lev, Andrea, and two other men stand by the fridge all deep in conversation.

I quietly place my cup on the side, trying not to be noticed so I can sneak out to avoid conversation but Andrea notices me and smiles.

"Hey. How are you?" She walks up to me and I smile.

"I'm just tired. I had a business meeting today in Wallux which is way far from here. And I had to visit my store in Rosewood after as I haven't been there for a while."

Andrea opens her mouth to reply, but the man with dark brown curls interrupts. "We love ourselves a hard-working woman." He grins, raising his brows.

Lev rolls his eyes. "Dominic will not be taking that lightly."

"Shit. This is why I hate you being a guard and my friend. Always snitching. What do you expect? She's beautiful."

I press my lips together with a light smile.

"Ignore him. Luca says whatever pops up in his mind." Andrea sighs.

"That's Lev, Salvatore, and Ares." She says, pointing to each individual.

Lev smiles. "I've already met Ms Lebedev."

I nod back at him. "You don't have to address me by my last name."

"Oh no, ma'am. It's Dominic's orders. All guards are to formally address you."

"Oh. Alright."

I haven't seen Dominic since he left me there in the garden two nights ago.

I left earlier than him and when I woke up, he was gone. It's been the same for three nights. And it shouldn't bother me as much as it does.

Max has been nothing but understanding since this whole arrangement and even took me out far for a date so we wouldn't get caught last night.

Daniel hadn't followed me inside the restaurant and stayed outside after I insisted on having privacy and everything felt just right.

Luca rolls his eyes. "Ignore them, love. I'll call you whatever you want."

I chuckle, with a warm smile. "I'm engaged." I let out and Luca shrugs.

"No one has to know."

Salvatore smacks his head. "Well, not really secret if we can hear your conversation."