𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

"Hello, my love," I whisper, pressing a kiss to Angelina's face

Luca places another bouquet next to her with a sigh. "I miss my gossip buddy."

Ares rolls his eyes. "Let's focus on her getting well."

Lev wraps his arm around his girlfriend Isabel, Angelina's friend.

I almost smile to myself knowing my Angel will be happy her friend Isabel has a boyfriend. She's been gossiping about how she's a matchmaker and she knows they'll get together.

Sofia means Into her boyfriend too and wipes her tears.

I informed her friends two days after she was put in hospital because I know they mean so much to Angelina as she does to them. And the last thing I want is for more people to worry.

Angelina's cousin and Uncle have visited a few times. It was apparent that her cousin couldn't give a shit that she was unwell and that made me hurt. They are her only family other than her grandfather who can barely hear a word and is getting extremely old.

Her uncle shed a tear surprisingly and stayed with her for a day or two before actually getting a hotel somewhere not too far from here.

It's good to know at least one person actually cares about her from her family.

Her grandfather we decided we shouldn't inform as he's old and it's best not to give him a heart attack and kill him before his time.

And he lives quite a few hours away so it would be hard to get the man to come all the way there.

I tried to contact anyone who might have been her family but both one of her parents was an only child and one had a brother, her uncle, and that was about it.

Her mother's parents died many years before her and her father's mother died two years after he did leaving her grandfather.

I feel a sharp pain in my heart. No wonder she enjoyed being around my mother so much. Why she was trying so hard to be friends with Natalie and even making my father laugh. She just wants a family.

I stare softly at her whilst everyone looks at me. Salvatore soon arrives with his own white roses for Angelina and places them beside her bed.

My mother keeps messaging to know when Angelina is awake so she can make her favourite meal.

Salvatore leans close to me. "We need you in the office right now. It's an important matter with your father."

As he finishes his sentence I groan.

I can't get a fucking break.

I sigh and press another kiss on my girl's face. "Right now?"

Salvatore nods and gives Lev head signals.