𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"I'm not sure why you were ignoring my calls all of a sudden

"I'm not sure why you were ignoring my calls all of a sudden. What has gotten into you?" My uncle questions as I drag my suitcase across my bedroom.

I huff and turn to look at him. "Let's see. You're marrying me off for your benefit, you threatened to take away my jewellery company if I refused. You brought up my dead mother during dinner, knowing I hate speaking of her with you, and oh. You woke me up at five this morning demanding I pack."

Uncle sighs. "You know I didn't mean to be horrible by bringing up your mother. She's a lovely woman. And so are you-"

He pauses and watches as I chuck all of my clothes onto the bed.

"And the drive to lakeside is rather long. It's all the way in the west. I didn't want you to arrive late." He wraps an arm over my shoulder.

"Hm? I'm sorry, Angelina. It's for the best. Let me help you." He tells me and picks up a pair of heels.

"Careful. They're Chanel." I warn.

He chuckles loudly and carefully places them in the suitcase filled with all my other heels.

This will take forever.

I have over ten boxes labelled and two suitcases for other things. My furniture has been cleared since yesterday when I arrived home from lunch with the girls. All that was left was the bed, which was staying.

"Everything will be fine. And trust me. As much as I hate to say it, if you can't cope after the first few months you come to me and I'll cut the deal."
My uncle lets out.

I turn to look at him wide-eyed. "Really? You'd do that?"

He nods. "But, I said after a few months. Not days. You never know. This can work out for you."

I roll my eyes. "Okay. Whatever. Thank you."

My uncle smiles, satisfied with himself. He grabs my other pairs of heels and I shriek.

"Careful, those are Dior!"

✧✧✧

After a very long car journey, we finally arrived at the very large and clean-looking mansion.

I thank the driver as he helps me get my things out of the car and in front of the home.

Lulu waggles her tail and walks around in circles, stretching her legs.

The garden was filled with bright colours of all sorts of flowers. It looked like someone went out to water the garden every day. The bright colours already made the mansion feel homely and comfortable.

Men were standing in each corner looking down at me.

One of them, after examining me for over a minute, finally speaks. "You must be Ms Lebedev."