𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄

My hands shake as I cover Dominic's gift in dark blue tissue paper after carefully placing it in the box

Today is Christmas Day.

Dominic and I moved out of his original home after two months of being married.

It wasn't originally my suggestion but I'm thankful we moved.

It was nice being with everyone but Irina was always in our space and we felt like we didn't have enough privacy as a married couple. And I also got my dog back.

We are, however, going to Irina's home for Christmas today as she definitely won't allow us to not come over at all and if we don't she'd bring Christmas dinner over to us.

I wrapped my silk black robe around myself covering my tiny nightie.

Dominic should be home soon. He went out to pick up some wine for Christmas. Even though we get everyone gifts I feel it's wrong to come empty-handed, especially since we haven't come to see her in over a month.

Suddenly feeling tired, I reach for Dominic's Christmas gift and leave it under the tree, taking a seat on the couch.

I play a Christmas movie and enjoy the cookies I baked yesterday that are left over.

Just as in the movie, my phone starts vibrating from the centre table the contact reading mom.

I smile, answering the call, "Merry Christmas, mom."

"My darling. Merry Christmas. When are you and Dominic coming over. I've missed you terribly."

"Soon."

"You better. I've made your favourite cake."

"Gosh, looks like I'll be there sooner to try the cake." I tease and she laughs.

"See you soon. Love you."

"You too. Bye." I say, ending the call.

I shake my head and his back to the TV screen.

"Baby, I'm home. Should we start getting ready to go?"

"Hey, babe. Yeah in like a few minutes we still have gifts to open." I reply turning to Lulu who is happily running around waiting for the gifts.

She wags her tail and I smile. "In a moment, Lulu."

"Right." I stand and give him his first gift. "This is your first gift."

Dominic narrows his eyes. "We said one gift, Lyubov."

"I know. I didn't spend money on the second one."

He furrows his brows and I sigh. "Just open it."

He sighs and opens a box that reveals a very expensive watch that Dominic said looked nice the last time we went to the mall together.

"Angelina. You didn't have to-" he pauses. "Thank you, Angel." He thanks me, Pressing a kiss onto my lips.

He sits down on the couch where I was sitting originally and spreads his legs slightly, patting them. "Come here, Angel."

I hum sitting on his lap and kissing his lips again. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Here." He says, handing me his gift to me.

My eyes scan the small box quickly before opening it.

I gasp. "Stop it, Dominic Ivan Volkov. Why did you get me this?"

"You wanted this bracelet for a long time."

"I said in my dreams, Dominic, not real life. This bracelet is worth three million dollars. Someone could just snatch it off my wrist and run."

"Then I'll buy you a new one." He says, stroking my hair."

"Thank you, my love but this is too much-"

"Don't start that shit with me, Angelina. You're going to accept that whether you like it or not."

I sigh admiring it. "Okay."

"Good girl."

I feel the light blush form on my cheeks which makes me turn away and that causes Dominic to chuckle.

After a few moments of him kissing me, I finally pulled away to give him his final gift.

Dominic groans. "Does your final gift involve us naked?"

"No!" I shove him playfully.

I nervously grab the box with the dark blue tissue paper and hand it to him.

He hums carefully opening the box that reveals a pregnancy test I had taken last night.

I'm pregnant.

I had a feeling I was but the way I was beginning to feel sick made me go out to get it to confirm. I took three or four before I was confident that I definitely was indeed pregnant.

"Please don't tell me you're pranking me." Dominic whispers.

I laugh. "No, Dom. I wouldn't dare."

He laughs nervously. "Baby please-"

"No, Dominic. It's real."

His hands shake as he picks it up. "I'm going to be a dad?" Dominic asks teary-eyed.

I nod, feeling my own set of tears form.

"Oh my God, Angel." He grins standing slowly. I move three steps back knowing him well enough.

He comes charging towards me catching me as I try to run away and he pulls me into his arms spinning me all over the living room.

"I can't believe this," Dominic says, his voice cracking. He drops me to my feet and peppers kisses all over my face. "I love you so much, my girl."

"I love you more."

Dominic shakes his head. "Impossible." He whispers, losing my white shirt and kissing my stomach.

"Our little baby." He smiles, a tear falling from his cheek.

Ours.

Our story started as a bunch of white lies but it sure ended sweetly. I wasn't ready for what happened the past year and probably won't be ready for the upcoming year but that's okay.

Dominic was there, as was I. And now we've brought ourselves to this point. And somewhere in-between the bad moments and the good, he's become my favourite coincidence and my favourite white lie.

✰𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃✰

✧✧✧
Dominic and Angelina's pregnancy journey through the months.