Letter 5 •Niall

Ryan,

Hey Ry. It's Friday. You weren't in class today again...you okay? It's been 3 days...

I hope so.

I talked to your friend Cassie today. She looked sad, but she wouldn't tell me why. She was afraid that I'd tell everyone and laugh.

I wouldn't do that... You don't think so too, right? I hope not. That's immoral and if anyone ever has done that to you, I can promise that I wouldn't hold myself back if I ever found out. You're worth that to me.

I mean, we're friends right? You've been in at least one class with me since before I can remember. And you used to be my neighbor when we were little. And I talked to you once now, so we're friends right? Well I'm counting that as a friendship. And I always protect my friends. So yes, I'd protect you.

Okay, I'm rambling.

Oh! I do have something important to say though. After we graduate, I've been offered a scholarship for a University in Manchester. Which also means that I could get a shot at playing a bit of footie.

What kind of sports do you like? I've never seen or heard you really talk about sports. Well, then again, I've never really heard you speak up about much honestly. You have a pretty voice though. That's another thing I wish you'd share.

I wonder if you sing... I bet you'd be good. You have a soft voice which would be pretty with the mix of a guitar or piano.

Man, I love music. That's something else you probably don't know about me. Unless I'm training on the field, my life practically revolves around my guitar and stereo. It's a great stress reliever, ya know?

Hmm. Well okay. Mum just called for dinner so... I'll write to ya soon. I hope you're having a good night, babe.

- Niall x

19/4/15