Letter 6 •Ryan

Niall,

   Hey.

I went to see my therapist today. She seemed happy.

She said that a boy had came in earlier and she told me a story of how a girl she knew was making him better, but that girl didn't even know.

She said that the boy and girl were very similar in a lot of ways.

They both had depression, both same age, went to the same school, lived on the same street, and oddly enough were both reaching out to each other without even knowing.

She said that the boy who always sat in the same chair I did once came in crying- angry with the world- but now, it was like every time he entered her office he was smiling brightly. He would tell her stories of this girl and what he thought of her and I just couldn't help but to think:

  How lucky that girl must be to have someone so dedicated and alert of her.

It made me smile for once, honestly. A real, genuine smile.

I told her about the other day. When you stopped. We talked for hours. And... she might know that I have a slight crush on you...

I don't know what really came over me, but it felt good to get everything out.

  I told her about my parents too, and how my mom took my UCD acceptance letter and told me to throw it in the trash because it was useless.

  I don't think she knew how to respond to that. She sat there for a minute, silent, just like you did when I told you.

  It just sucks knowing that you try to stride for something for so long only to have the one person you look up to, tell you to throw it away. I don't know...

Maybe you're right.

Maybe I should just keep an open mind and see what the man above has planned for me.

But then again, maybe it'd help if I actually believed he did have a plan for me...

~ Ry

27/4/15