Letter 18 •Niall

Ryan,

I don't really know what I was expecting when I arrived back in Mullingar. I wasn't expecting a full hour of snogging or anything that ridiculous, but I was at least hoping for a warm hug.

I have to admit that I was a little disheartened when I got off the plane to only my mam standing at the exit with my luggage. But what really triggered me most was when I texted you to notify you of my homecoming and you left me on read. Then when I showed up at your house and ended up sitting on the steps for two hours waiting for you to show, but you never did...

I don't understand where everything went wrong. I knew that everything wasn't going to be great and dandy between us, but I wasn't expecting to be just completely shut out of your life, either.

I hurt quite a bit, if I'm honest.

You have been the one person to keep me going strong during this whole experience with just the idea that in a few short months I'd get to see you and now it stung to know that you had gotten over me and just completely blocked me out of your life. I wasn't the greatest friend to you and I know that, but I never thought that it would resort to this.

I just got home and I already feel tired and done with this break... I had looked forward to seeing you for so long and now I'm just ready to go back. Ha. How funny.

X Niall.

20/11/15