Letter 6 •Niall

Hey Ry,

It's me. Today's been kind of a blah day if you catch my drift.

I passed your house earlier and you were sat on your porch steps, crying. I noticed your brother, I think, trying to cheer ya up. Is everything okay, Ryan?

I shouldn't be concerned right?

Even if I shouldn't be, I am. I don't know why, but you make me wonder. Question. You do something to me and I can't tell of that's a good thing or bad, but it makes me want to get to know ya.

When I stopped and walked over to sit next to you, I didn't mean to startle ya. You didn't have to pretend that you were just bored. You didn't have to say that sitting there crying was stupid.

It's okay to cry, Ryan.

It's okay to feel weak and to feel fragile.

We all need someone at some point in our lives, so we might as well get used to having people there for us. You don't have to feel ashamed around me or embarrassed. I cry. Your mum's cried. Your dad's cried. You can cry too, babe. It's okay.

When I wrapped my arm around your shoulder, I wasn't expecting you to cuddle into my chest the way you did, but I can't deny the butterflies you gave me. I liked them.

I think I kinda like you.

Idk. I like the way your long hair falls freely down your back. I like your curves and how don't feel like you have to be the slimmest person in our grade. I like how you're smart, yet very quiet. You can be very happy and on those days, I have to say that I find myself feeling happy as well. You do something to me.

I have to admit that I may have had a little, tiny, minor crush on you since Science class of primary school when you mixed too much baking soda together with vinegar and the whole thing exploded and created a mess on your table and the floor under you. I liked the way you giggled and your cheeks turned bright red. You buried your head in your hands and I don't know what happened, but since then I guess I've just always had my eye on you. You're different. Special. You're not like the others who try too hard or feel the need to gather everyone's attention.

You're quiet, reserved, caring. You never seem to let anything get in your way and whatever's going on at home, you shouldn't let that harm you either. It's okay to be upset and to be sad and it's okay to share that with others, so please don't shut yourself down. You're stronger than you think you are and I believe that you can get past whatever you're going through right now.

I have faith in you, Ryan.

You don't have to pretend. Not around me. I want to help you. I'm here for you, Ry.

Trust me.

Sleep tight, beautiful.

-Niall

24/4/15