Letter 17 •Niall

My love,

I'm coming home tomorrow. You don't know because, well, it's kind of a surprise, but I'm excited.

I'll only be back for a few days though. But don't worry, once Christmas comes around, I'll have the whole month off of uni.

I can't believe these letters have been going on for 8 months already. I know that my therapist said that I could stop once I moved to Manchester, but I don't know... I kind of like them. They give me peace of mind in a way. Like when I'm talking to you, even if it is on paper that you won't really read, the world around me just kind of disappears.

I wonder what you're doing right now... how are you holding up? Is everything at home okay?

I wish I could take all the pain and hurt away, Ry. Maybe you could just come move out here with me. I know going to uni would be too expensive for you right now, but what if you just got a job out here and just got away from home?

You could stay with me, I have extra space. You'd have a friend here, and it would open up opportunities to meet more. And plus, you'd be getting out of the negativity in your home...

We could do it, Ryan. What would you say?

Maybe I'll have to bring that up when I get home... We'll see...

Not much has been going on around here... I have footie practices from the crack ass of dawn until about eleven. Then class from the twelfth to the seventeenth hour, then shower, eat, and sleep. That's pretty much my day!

Kinda boring if you ask me.

Although we have a game in two weeks against The University of London which should be fun. They're a little aggressive and play dirty, but it makes the game more interesting and it usually draws a big crowd. 

You've gotta come out to a game sometime, Ry. I know you'd like it. Come watch me play. Come meet my teammates.

You've gotta get out of that little town and learn to socialize with the rest of the world.

As much as I love Mullingar, it's really not everything. There is so much more to life than what you've been stuck with. You've been cheated and it's not fair.

I really hope you're doing ok, babe. Because I'm really not. I miss you beyond the stars.

Sleep tight,

Niall Xx

18/11/15