Chapter ☆3☆

Isamu

The last few days the bus was delayed over and over again. Fortunately, I am always earlier at the bus stop. When the bus arrived, I got on and sat down on a free seat. After a few stops an old lady and a gentleman with crutches arrived. I sat on a seat with two seats, I stood up and gave the two seats to them. Thankfully, the two sat down and gave me a smile back. I smiled too and just held on somewhere.
The bus continued to the penultimate stop. But from there the ride did not continue, the bus driver was shocked.
"There's a hole in the road ahead, I'm sorry my dears. I think it will take awhile until we continue, to the people who have to get off at the school, better get off now and walk to the school, those who continue and are in a hurry should also better get off now and use another ride. Again, I beg your pardon."
I bowed to the two I gave my seats to and got off. I and a few students from my school walked quickly from here. For the first time I was late....

No pov

The whole A1 class sat in their seats and waited for their teacher to appear. After a few minutes, the teacher arrived and stood at the desk. He took out the black book and started the attendance. When the teacher then called on Isamu, no answers came. The teacher looked around in confusion.
"But this is unusual for Akabane Isamu not to show up, do you know where he is staying, is he sick?" Asked the teacher, looking at Akabane Atsushi.
Atsushi rolled his eyes. He stood up.
"Excuse me. But I'm not Isamu's babysitter" Said Atsushi and then looked to door as it opened.
"We just share the same last name".
Isamu looked at Atsushi and then looked at the teacher, he bowed and apologized....

Isamu

I ran to school in a sweat. Unusually, I arrived at school faster, I've run from the second to last bus stop to school before and that took 30 minutes...now I somehow arrived in 10 minutes....
Have I gotten better at running?
But this feels really unrealistic.
At the gate of the school I arrived and awaited the inspector, I told him my situation. Luckily I was the number 1 student and he let me through.
I then ran into the building. The stairs had been my obstacles for years, strangely enough not anymore.
This is all so confusing. Did I become Hulk by night or what.
I opened the door and the first thing that happened was eye contact with my cousin. Akabane Atsushi.
So much for hoping he likes me, it's so obvious that nothing could happen between us liking each other.
I sat down in my seat after apologizing for being late. My seat was at the very front of the window, and there was an empty seat next to me.
There is no one sitting next to me. It is free because my old seat partner passed away.
It is a pity that only I remember him and offer my condolences to his family.
From now on, the seat is free. And no one sits next to me. Another reason why no one sits next to me is because I have no friends and they all hate me.
Why? Because I'm top of the class. Because I am number 1. Because I am perfect.
I'm a little sad already. Why don't they want to be friends with me even if I'm number 1? What does that have to do with my personality? I'm just smart and like to learn...but I don't care so much, I am who I am. I stay who I am. And no human can ever change that.

Slowly we arrived at the last lesson.
History. Our class teacher divided the tables into small groups during our lunch break. One table was left for two. The teacher first greeted everyone.
"As you can see, I have moved the tables because I have drawn groups. On each table there is a piece of paper with a name, that will be your group. I will take a certain topic, sit you down together and give a powerpoint on it. I will not change the groups no matter what excuses you give me. The answer is no. You may now sit with your groups."
I watched as everyone sat down at the group tables, one chair was free at the group tables, when I went to see if my name was there, a girl already sat down at it.
"Your name is there..." she said and pointed in the direction of two groups. I nodded my thanks and sat down at the place for two.
"Not their serious" came from Atsushi.
I looked at the seat next to me.
Shit. His name. Atsushi rolled his eyes and sat down next to me.
"Don't talk to me"
"I have to"
"Are you talking rude right now?"
"Like you are? Yes"
"Tze..."
"Just FYI. If you shirk work, you get an F. If you get an F, you fail. If you fail, you get in trouble from your father. So I would make an effort and suppress your hatred towards me."
Atsushi, strangely enough, said nothing more. I think that hit him a little bit. You see, my uncle is a little stricter than my father and I think he expects Atsushi to overtake me and make it to first place. Right now Atsushi is sitting in 5th place and I'm worried about what his father will say or worse...do. Atsushi is actually smart...just not so good at history. Maybe he doesn't like the subject? Or he loathes it?.
Well, it doesn't matter now. I offered him to write something about Japanese demons. He just says okey and looks into his book. We spent the whole time doing individual work.
The teacher had observed this and stopped us at the end.
"I know you are not so good with each other, but please, please work together. Because this is a group work. A six doesn't suit you two at all. I insist that you visit each other to study. Tomorrow, for example, with Atsushi, and the day after with Isamu? Understand?"
I nodded. Atsushi just looked with a blank look.
The teacher then said goodbye....

"Tomorrow at my house. After school. If you're late, I'll get mad and won't let you in" After that sentence, Atsushi walked out of the classroom. I was alone. I never think about anything so much, but if I go to Atsushi's house tomorrow, that means seeing the family...I don't know how to act. Before, when I was visiting with mother and father, we were always welcome, everyone liked me.
But, I don't know how it is now.
I am only an adopted son. For my parents I was a gift from God. What do uncle and aunt actually think about me now? Since I am full a fully orphan again, so to speak. Do they love me as always? Or will they not look at me?